BC Boards

Help with Northern VA dog friendly meeting place

I need help and this is the place to get it.

I have met a wonderful person for my last puppy, we met at a trial last weekend (perfect place to meet potential homes or puppies), and need to hook up inbetween for the hand off! We live in Cooksville MD and Ashland, so Northern VA is desirable to me, but MD side is fine too. I'm not so worried about who has to drive further, but we both want to do this and then go home and get back to Saturday chores or enjoy our new pup. WOUld love to find a dog friendly place to let dogs out so the new person can meet in person the parents and grandparents, who would go with me. A dog friendly park would be wonderful.

Any ideas with some kind of mapquestable title or address for both of us?

Hi Debbie!

Another one of your pups that will be near me! Close enough to dognap! If you come up 301 there is a nice park in Annapolis called Quiet Waters. Not sure exactly how midpoint that is for the both of you but it's a nice place.

Did you see the latest photos I took of Keen in the photo gallery? He's sure is a little cutie!

DSC_1099_edited.jpg

Michelle

Okay, MIchelle, this is your puppy who's going to Cooksville...a really nice home with sheep and goats and her person will be working with Linda Tesdahl, so if I was you, I'd let her now you expect great things of him!

Keen is BEAUTIFUL! His ears are going up, looks like. He's my sweetpea, hope he's making himself beloved.

I hate to go across that bridge, time-wise. Looking at Leesburg area. Now hubby says we have togo get a machine at 10 in the morning, so looks like afternoon. We could find you and have some fun...

Hi Debbie!

Another one of your pups that will be near me! Close enough to dognap! If you come up 301 there is a nice park in Annapolis called Quiet Waters. Not sure exactly how midpoint that is for the both of you but it's a nice place.

Did you see the latest photos I took of Keen in the photo gallery? He's sure is a little cutie!

DSC_1099_edited.jpg

Michelle

I live in Tracys Landing and love Quiet Waters AND I want to see that puppy!!! Do you go there alot and if so when!! Know you don't know me whatsoever but I am not all that scary don't think...

Kim

I need help and this is the place to get it.

I have met a wonderful person for my last puppy, we met at a trial last weekend (perfect place to meet potential homes or puppies), and need to hook up inbetween for the hand off! We live in Cooksville MD and Ashland, so Northern VA is desirable to me, but MD side is fine too. I'm not so worried about who has to drive further, but we both want to do this and then go home and get back to Saturday chores or enjoy our new pup. WOUld love to find a dog friendly place to let dogs out so the new person can meet in person the parents and grandparents, who would go with me. A dog friendly park would be wonderful.

Any ideas with some kind of mapquestable title or address for both of us?

Old Town Alexandria VA, just over the MD Line off 495/95 into VA line on the Potomac would be a good rest stop. There's 2 dog parks that flank the "downtown", King St/S. Union area. Theres a waterfront with lots of benches and overall it's a very doggie place. In fact it hold itself as a dog freindly area and they have dog parade and stuff. There is also the "Old Town School for Dogs" which is hilarious to me. Many of the stores and restuarants have outdoor seating (weather permitted of course) and there's 2 or 3 silly dog boutiques with the fancy "cookies" and what not...but I will admit I buy these cheddar bacon snacks there that when I give them to the dogs their eyes get huge while they are eating them and they look at me like they can't believe how awesome I am...he he he.

So its quite fun for humans too b/c you can bring your dog into the Torpedo Factory which is an aritst center-3 floors, 170 artists right on the water and there's a great bakery called Firehook with awesome coffee...pass the Starbucks please and walk another 40 feet and it's there. There sometimes on street parking but there's also lots.

If you come and go to the Torpedo Factory and have that puppy please come to Studio 5!!!

http://visitalexandriava.com/

Kj, thanks! Looks like we're opting for slipping into Morven Park, kind of doubt they're open, I camped there last summer for a youth dressage event, me and the dogs slept in the back of the trailer and had the whole Cross Coutry course at our disposal. I was kind of afraid of a rest stop.

Keen is living in PA, but I have his silly brother Rhett and his other brother (Daryll...just kidding) Shea all going to pass off the other brother Dillon (who will likely get renamed) to his new person. I think you could see all the electric haired pups in April at Ferny Brae for the Jack Knox clinic. Their mom is going for remedial help (and her awful handler too!) I sure have enjoyed them, and I can rest now that they are all out in the world. If you go to the Longshot trial in late March sister Bailey lives there. Puppies are something else.