BC Boards

Lambsitter for hire

Jo&Tex

I am farmsitting this week. There is a flock of about a dozen ewes and my job is to figure out who's lambing next and get them put up in a stall so the lambs won't freeze outside or be trampled. The weather has turned sharply colder this week, so of course, there are new lambs.

This is little lad is 4 days old.

P1010014.jpg

This ewe is from yesterday

P1010019.jpg

she is a smiley little thing

P1010018.jpg

Cute photos. It looks like you're doing an excellent job as lambsitter. My mom is going to fill that role here in a few weeks. I'm going to a flyball tournament and wouldn't be going if I didn't have someone to stay here with the girls.

Emily

Jo sent those pics to me yesterday so I know they are Suffolks :rolleyes: I wish I had a day or two off so I could help lamb sit :D They are only about 1 1/2 hours from me.

Kris, we will be lambing starting March 4 and also April 1....just in Peterborough....you are welcome to come for a day or two to help out!

Cynthia

Kris, we will be lambing starting March 4 and also April 1....just in Peterborough....you are welcome to come for a day or two to help out!

Hm,,,,it's tempting but a little farther than an hour away :rolleyes: Unless of course, you have a bed and breakfast :D

Hm,,,,it's tempting but a little farther than an hour away :rolleyes: Unless of course, you have a bed and breakfast :D

ahhh for extra lambing help you can stay and bring your dogs! Nothing like the experience of overnight, getting up to check on lambing at 5 am and having 4 sets of twins, 3 sets of trips and trying to figure out which ewes they belong to... I think we only have about 50 lambing in March, the balance of the 140 ewes will lamb in April...plus the goats

We've often toyed with a B&B but first have to build a dog kennel for our guys, not everyone staying at a B&B wants to have their own personal Giant schnauzer protector, or 3 or 4 BC's in their bed...although some might!

ahhh for extra lambing help you can stay and bring your dogs! Nothing like the experience of overnight, getting up to check on lambing at 5 am and having 4 sets of twins, 3 sets of trips and trying to figure out which ewes they belong to... I think we only have about 50 lambing in March, the balance of the 140 ewes will lamb in April...plus the goats

We've often toyed with a B&B but first have to build a dog kennel for our guys, not everyone staying at a B&B wants to have their own personal Giant schnauzer protector, or 3 or 4 BC's in their bed...although some might!

Well that's a offer that's hard to turn down :rolleyes: I just might need a 'vacation' in April LOL!!