BC Boards

Red Bluff Working Dog Sale

The Red Bluff Working Cow Dog Sale is over, and the top selling dog went for 16,300. Razzle is a not-yet-2 year old female out of Loren Holmes' top Puzzel dog. Good for you, Loren!

(I must admit I have a personal interest in this, as my top bitch, Riddle, is a full sister to Puzzel), :rolleyes:

A

My neighbor's brother just bought a dog there. Handsome guy (the dog, not the neighbor). He couldn't tell me the breeder's name, but said he came form Canada and the kennel name was Keystone. Anyone know who that is? He seems well pleased with the dog. Don't know how much he paid for him.

Jennifer

Not offhand. I just looked at the Red Bluff site, and there were 2 dogs from Canada. One from Dale Montgomery, whom I know (I think his is Hearthstone??), and the other from someone I do not know. I would assume any dog there would be from decent breeding, and at least able to do ranch chores. They don't yet have all the prices listed.

A

My neighbor's brother just bought a dog there. Handsome guy (the dog, not the neighbor). He couldn't tell me the breeder's name, but said he came form Canada and the kennel name was Keystone. Anyone know who that is?

That was probably 'Hearthstone' not 'Keystone' if it was one of the dogs from Canada. Consigned by Dale Montgomery but not bred by him. However, a very well bred dog - sired by Peter Gonnet's Moss who has won numerous trials. Also the dam was sired by Bob Stephen's Turk, another big time trial dog.

The other Canadian dog is sired by Shawna's Tex who lives with Dale & has been winning bunches of trials as well. Tex is a grandson of Norm Close's Joe, another top Canadian dog.

cheers Lani

Langley BC Canada