BC Boards

Flyball Question

I was looking at tournaments this year in my region (8) and on the chart that laid things out I saw a column deemed "Multibreed" and on some tournaments there was a fee. Does this mean that if your dog is mixed breed, you pay more? Or am I mistaken?

http://nafadb.flyball.org/cgi-public/pubut...08&REGION=8

Nope, it's a different division. Regular means run whatever mix o' dogs that you want (ideally three border collies and something really small! :rolleyes: ).

In Multibreed competition, teams must consist of different breeds (minimum of 4, maximum of 6 with 4 different breeds running in a heat) recognized by any of the following Kennel Club’s: American Kennel Club, Canadian Kennel Club, United Kennel Club, Mexican Kennel Club, American Rare Breed Association, American Herding Breed Association or a dog of mixed breeding.

Some clubs offer the multi-breed division, but I haven't seen it around here (and can't imagine that many teams would be able to come up with the above). The fee beside each division is the entry for the team for the tournament. So for that first tourney in Regina, a regular team entry is $90 and a mixed breed team entry is $75. If it says N/O, it means "not offered".

Hey, I never knew there was a list of kennel clubs - is that new? Does that mean if I someday fulfilled my dream of bringing over a Croatian sheepdog from Europe, I couldn't run her in flyball as her actual breed, even with FCI papers?

Huh, I never noticed the kennel clubs, either, Becca. I doubt, though, that they would question your rare breed. It's not like you've gotta provide papers when you get a CRN. I don't know, though...

Anyway, there is always a multi-breed division in our local tournaments. In fact, our next tourney in Feb, multi is the divison with the most entries.

If memory serves me correctly--a rare breed would only be an issue if someone from another team complained--I think if you have documentation, it's not a big deal.

Mixed-breed teams are pretty common in Region 2--they are a great deal of fun and require a rather different strategy than the typical 3 BC plus little dog team.

Spring Loaded has the world record for the multi-breed teams just like it does for the regular teams. They do have some lightening fast dogs and they work really well as an overall team. I think S.L. is quite fun to watch (and to compete against)

Oh, I just realized they include AHBA - that would cover my imaginary Croatian sheepdog. But not some kind of Hibachi Terrier or something like that. Very strange.