BC Boards

New to the forum, plus new puppies

Heart dogs always find their way to you. Rather it be from a breeder, a rescue, shelter or your back door step, they find you. Give it time, these little "road blocks" you keep finding are probably just because "that dog" that you are looking for so hard just hasn't found its way to you yet.

Thanks for listening and good luck. You made the right choice.

Welcome to the boards.

Katelynn

Well said Katelynn. That's exactly what happens. And I think , as others have said, the OP deserves kudos for posting and listening to the excellent advice. Please stick around and keep as updated on developments!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some very young (8 weeks old) pups in rescue. They're in Texas, but I'm sure you could arrange transport.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displa...?petid=10138583

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displa...?petid=10138556

They're so precious and with Debbie (Ruff Mutt), so transport would be very possible, if all went well. :rolleyes: I would recommend contacting her if interested. :D

They're so precious and with Debbie (Ruff Mutt), so transport would be very possible, if all went well. :rolleyes: I would recommend contacting her if interested. :D

As is Miss Kiss and her fabulous thirteen pupsters with their incredible story... Are they all adopted yet, or uis there one available?

That would be a wonderful end to the story!

I thought I'd give an update, since it's been awhile. And no you havent scared me off, I know that was initially everyone's goal, but I'm still here! ;-) (for those that cant interpret internet sarcasm that was indeed a joke)

Initially I was going to still get the one puppy. I figured screw them fanatical border collie people! Besides I had paid my down payment of 150 for the initial puppy. It was going to be a "live and learn" experience. I just spent the last week in DC for an IT tech school. While I was there I took one night to drive to Maryland to see "my" puppy. He was awesome, and at that point I couldnt wait to get him home. But I didnt get that warm fuzzy feeling from the owners. Nothing against them at all, but as many stated before, they arent bad people, just ignorant. Well I got back from DC today, was looking at the local classified section and found someone about an hour away that had BC puppies. I figured what the hell. So I took the drive out there. The woman there absolutely impressed me. She had all the paper work on the parents, and the parents of the parents. They've been DNA tested and all that jazz. She even showed me the puppies paperwork which listed the current shots and de-worming and all that important stuff. And the parents were great! I wanted to take them home with me too! So I'm going back in an hour to get the puppy. There is no talking me out of it this time.

Here is the webpage http://www.bwbcs.com The parents both have their own entries under Mary Jane, and Toss. Feel free to check it all out. I'm getting the female of the two puppies that she still available, you can see her in the puppies section. With any luck I wont be banished this time!

I really do appreciate everyone's input with this. Thanks again.

:rolleyes: Scotimus, very well done to you for hanging in there, and for listening to the advice given to you. Just visited that website - now that looks like the sort of breeder who does know what they're doing! And I loved the advice - and the picture - on the home page - showing that - well-bred Border Collies do not have to constantly 'herd' cats etc. - and they definitely DO have an off-switch! That little girl looks as though she will be quite the handful - but very well worth the effort you'll put into working with her. Good luck.

:D Scotimus, very well done to you for hanging in there, and for listening to the advice given to you. Just visited that website - now that looks like the sort of breeder who does know what they're doing! And I loved the advice - and the picture - on the home page - showing that - well-bred Border Collies do not have to constantly 'herd' cats etc. - and they definitely DO have an off-switch! That little girl looks as though she will be quite the handful - but very well worth the effort you'll put into working with her. Good luck.

^ What she said. :D Congrats! Glad to hear that you did really take in what everyone was telling you. Now, you know that we're going to be wanting updates and wanting to see pictures, right?? :rolleyes: