BC Boards

Ears

I haven't a clue what Jett's ears are going to do. They look different every day. They started out quite floppy but they keep migrating higher and higher. For a while she had one up and one down, but today she has airplane ears. Dad's ears are prick, Mom's are folded, so it's anybody's guess really.

And where are the pictures of this?

Hey, I know you! lol It is hard to say for sure. Misty's ears don't really stand up, they are mostly down, unless she hears something, or is in a playful mood. I have to admit, though, I love when her ears are more erect. I think it just makes her look all that more cuter! LOL

post-7917-1201186501_thumb.jpg Chris at 9 weeks. I saw this dog at 5 weeks and her ears were all the way up then just like here. There was no progression with hers. They were up at 5 weeks have been up every since. Though she doesnt have the ability to let them go up and down like some.

post-7917-1201186906_thumb.jpg This is Roy, at 10 months, same day, same dog. He can stand his all the way up, or leave them down at his own discression. Mostly they stay down, until something is of interest to him. Then its uuuuup! They go. I perfer his down, as they are such big GSD looking ears, that they are laughable when they are up.

post-7917-1201187902_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Scooter's ears started out sort of floppy, which I thought was cute(sort of gave him a soft, approachable look), but they ended up prick, as you can see in the avatar. He looks alert all the time! Obviously, we love him, no matter what his ears look like! :rolleyes: Enjoyed looking at all the pics. We'd love to have another BC, but we don't really have room for more than one, right now at least. The puppy pictures are soooo adorable. They grow up too fast! LOL!

Blaze's ears are going through something crazy right now, too. He's teething (he has no front teeth, LOL) and his ears aren't standing up anymore. They did about 2 week ago, though.

The only guarantee on how ears will end up is that they usually stay on the same side of the head they started on.

Except for Tweed's. He has 2 left ears. :rolleyes:

LOL! :D

River is at that stage right now where one ear is nearly up and one is floppy.

Now, I don't know if this is true or not but I heard from a dog trainer that the more you play with your puppy's ears, the less likely they are to stand up - something to do with breaking the cartilage or something.