BC Boards
Sign in to follow this  
BC-Liz

The progress of a fart

I thought I'd share this b/c Steven (BF) and I think it's pretty funny. For a long time I've been aware that our pups, at least Rhea and Gunnar, fart on cue. They learned young that when they fart, we take them outside. It's mainly Gunnar who does it now. It's progressed from his farting and then us saying "did you fart?" and us taking him outside. Then he started running to the door when we said fart. Then he started running to the door when Steven farted. Today, he ran to the door after belching in my face (very lovely btw). He's a special one. :rolleyes:

Oh and on a side note, Rhea now knows to take a poo when I tell her to take a sh*t. I know, I'm classy aren't I.

I hope this makes someone laugh, cause I'm giggling just writing about it.

That's hilarious :D Gypsy doesn't really fart that much, but whenever she does they're squeaky! Any time she farts she'll jump up, act really surprised and look around as if to say "Who did that?!" :rolleyes:

Way back when before I had Gypsy, I trained my sister's dog countless tricks, and after he knew all the traditional ones I taught him... well, it might offend some people so here's the link. Click at your own risk :D

Milford's Trick

:rolleyes: :D :D

Thanks for the laughs.

I had been thinking about starting a fart advice thread because I've got a dog letting go with some serious 'silent but deadly' ones the past few days, but didn't know how to word it. :D

That is to funny! :rolleyes: When Black Jack farts he shoots across the room like there is a fire under his butt.

How often are your dogs expelling gas? Mine almost never do or not in any kind of noisy way. I have a dog who sneezes on command, but I couldn't get a fart on command because it is so rare. And if it wasn't, I'd be changing their food.

One of Merry's nicknames as a youngster was 'Fartydrawers' as, whenever he went into a playbow, he'd do a little 'toot'. Happily he grew out of it and is mainly Merrylegs now. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :D :D

Thanks for the laughs.

I had been thinking about starting a fart advice thread because I've got a dog letting go with some serious 'silent but deadly' ones the past few days, but didn't know how to word it. :D

If they smell bad there might actually be something wrong with their diet. I know my parents dalmation lets out some horrific ones when she's had milk bones or certain foods b/c she's lactose intollerant.

How often are your dogs expelling gas? Mine almost never do or not in any kind of noisy way. I have a dog who sneezes on command, but I couldn't get a fart on command because it is so rare. And if it wasn't, I'd be changing their food.

I was serious when I said he'll do it on purpose. At first is was accidental (and few) and they'd perk up and start sniffing their butt trying to figure out what exactly just happened but then we'd take them outside to them do their duty. Once he figured out that if he farted he'd be able to go outside I saw (or heard more like) a rise in the amout of doggy farts. Now he won't even wait for us to say "did you fart" if he farts (which he does on purpose now) he'll just run to the door. Most of the time when we let him out, he doesn't even need to use the bathroom. Too smart for their own good I tell ya. But no there's nothing wrong with his diet, he has very good, and very often BM's.

I love fart topics don't you? :D

If they smell bad there might actually be something wrong with their diet.

Yeah, that's the main response I'm getting, so I'm going to see if a change in diet helps.

(I started my very own fart thread in the health section since you were kind enough to broach the subject first. :rolleyes: )

I am so glad I read this. It's nice to have a hearty laugh over my oatmeal in the morning!

:rolleyes:

This thread gave me a good giggle.

Bailey will fart in the morning when he wakes up and does his stretching. Sometimes Ginger will fart and she will sniff her butt. Such class!

:rolleyes: :D :D !

Kessie doesn't fart out loud very often (except for the occasional discreet "pffft" during a stretch). Too unqueenly. She's a master of the silent killers though :D . She rarely has gas but when she does, OMG do you know it.

Kyla is one of those scientific minds who wonder about it :D . Once the two of them were sitting on the couch and my mum farted, and Kyla, who was curled up next to her, turned around to inspect HER OWN arse - "How on earth did that happen?".

LOL! This is hilarious. As I was reading this, Tiga let one go. He knows what peuwwwww means. When he farts and we say peuwwwww he'll get up and move to the other side of the room. Smart dog. :rolleyes:

Hoku often lets a little squeeky fart out when he sits, it's quite funny. He has to sit at the door to go out, and he looks soooo earnest, and then, brrriiip!

:rolleyes: :D :D Nothing like a good fart thread to make me laugh on Friday morning!

Princess Ling has never farted out loud in my presence... that would be un-cute. Bingo never used to, but the poor guy is getting up there (11 yrs old this month!) and I feel so bad for him. He farts at least once a day and just about jumps out of his skin every time it happens. He leaps to his feet and runs to the other side of the room, sometimes slipping and almost, as we say at our house now, "breaking a hip". :D I wish I could explain farts to him and reassure him that it's ok and he doesn't have to act like the sky is falling when it happens!

My Skyler used to do it when he got older more often though not daily. He would follow me everywhere and always took to the stairs first. Unfortunately I would always be behind him hearing, "ptt ptt ptt ptt ptt" as he would take each step. That situation always puts your face at butt level. :rolleyes:

I liked the part, where the dog will run to the door, no matter who farts! LOL That's something for a video! LOL