BC Boards

A New Job for the Multi-tasking BC...

well, i don't want to get caught up in all the drama that occurred in the previous thread...i'm all for animal rights. who knows? maybe these animals like it? we can't really assume that they're treated badly or that they are "forced" into it more than they would be "forced" into any other training routine. Either way, it's an interesting proposition!

I did think it was a great photo, but ignorance of the sport or the previous threads is obviously no excuse. I'd delete the thread if that were possible.

I seem to be pretty good at blundering on this board, I think I'll refrain from posting for awhile. It's pretty hard to be a beginner here, probably a mite like like being a BC with a dam monkey on yer back.

Beg pardon if I offended anyone.

I did think it was a great photo, but ignorance of the sport or the previous threads is obviously no excuse. I'd delete the thread if that were possible.

I seem to be pretty good at blundering on this board, I think I'll refrain from posting for awhile. It's pretty hard to be a beginner here, probably a mite like like being a BC with a dam monkey on yer back.

Beg pardon if I offended anyone.

No no, I didn't mean to suggest that you delete the thread or that you made a mistake. I'm sorry if I came across that way.

Rehashing of topics is a fact of life here. Elaine, I think, has a lot more tolerance for rehashing than I do, and I've read and respect her reasons for that, so I try not to suggest that any particular topic isn't worth posting about (as long as it fits within the BC Board sideboards). Instead, when I see a subject come up that we've already gotten a lot of information on and heard a lot of peoples' opinions on, my personal wish is that we could start from where we left off (if there are new thoughts to be aired) rather than starting from scratch. That was my motivation for providing the links to the previous thread, so people could read them before responding...that's all.

I have to say that after I posted those links, I went back and reviewed what was said in them and IMHO it was not one of our more civilized discussions. Then again, I suppose they provide an object lesson in how to conduct a productive internet conversation, or not. But that wasn't at all why I dredged them up, and I'll just take this opportunity to proactively apologize in advance to any of the participants who wish those threads had stayed buried once they died out last summer.

No offense taken, by me anyhow. I think that the whole monkeys on border collies notion was discredited. Quite rightly so, I'm sure. However, I know the first poster and his dogs in real life. He is a lovely person, and I kinda wish all the discrediting hadn't been quite so vigorous and aggressive.

ETA: Alaska and I cross-posted, and it seems that we both had the same kind of feeling about the earlier discussions.

I seem to be pretty good at blundering on this board, I think I'll refrain from posting for awhile. It's pretty hard to be a beginner here, Beg pardon if I offended anyone.

No, don't take it to heart, i like others too i would imagine write things we think - oops wish i hadn't done that.

I remember the threads from before and at first i didn't think it was even real. I agree they are better left buried now.

Don't stop posting.

Forget about it and move on. Really i honestly doubt that you offended anyone. :rolleyes: