BC Boards

What Is Wrong With People Today?

I don't know why I even read these stories...they're so awful.

But one, two pitbulls with small children...unattended..."got loose." I'm so sorry for both the child and the dog, but c'mon

And the poor little Pap - "got out of the yard, the night before." I dunno. If my dog(s) got out of the yard at night, first I would KNOW it, and second, I would be out canvassing the neighborhood ALL NIGHT. Anyone who found the dog would probably find me first.

I just don't get it. These people don't deserve dogs,regardless of the "unusual" circumstances....

diane

"Our kids were very close to Spike"....... yet they didn't realise he had gotten out of the yard?!

I'm sorry, but that kind of shit really makes me angry.

As for the abuse that those two dogs endured, angry doesn't even cover how I feel.

Having owned an escape-artist dog, one that made a point of staying well out of hand, once he escaped, until he'd had his fun, I'm disinclined to critique Spike's family until I know a good deal more about the circumstances.

Having owned an escape-artist dog, one that made a point of staying well out of hand, once he escaped, until he'd had his fun, I'm disinclined to critique Spike's family until I know a good deal more about the circumstances.

Sure, but wouldn't you have known that your dog had gotten out the night before when he did disappear?? It just seems odd that you wouldn't know that your cute little fluff ball of a Pomeranian was gone from your yard until the next morning. Who would leave a little dog like that out all night in the first place?? Not saying that what happened to either one of these dogs was right by any stretch of the imagination, but should these people own dogs in the first place??

Kathy

Well, yes, I would've known, and have made all possible efforts to retrieve him. God knows, I got good enough at outsmarting a very smart dog, given all the practice I got! What I don't know, though, is whether or not Spike's owners knew Spike was out - I only that they don't know how he escaped, unless I missed some detail in the article. He only had to be gone a couple minutes to be out of sight and thus effectively unfindable. I don't know when they learned he was gone, and I don't know what efforts they went to to locate him.

Well, you're not the only one w/ these types of sickos. We've had our share here in Pgh., unfortunately, and lately! What an a**, to do that. That was gross! Poor dog. Maybe if they were properly cared for this would have never happened. They didn't even mention if the 8yr. old was ok. I guess he was. Just another reason for people to think all Pitbulls are bad. When it's not the dogs fault it's the owners!