BC Boards

Aussie & ACD

The Australian Shepherd actually started in North

America as to by who exactly and what breeds were used it depends on who you ask. I have an Aussie they can be independent and big mommas boys at the same time. Their style of herding is totally different from the border collie. The Aussie does not possess the eye that a border does. I like to say that when one of each breed is given the same task to do the Border will say "Sure no problem I can do that, and would you like a coke with that", where the Aussie says "Sure no problem I can do that, but , you get your own *&$^% coke." Dont get me wrong the aussie has a great work ethic, is a very active dog, but will try and figure out whats in it for him, where the border doesnt care if there is anything in it for him, he just does it to please you. I love my aussie dearly and he is a sweet dog, a one person dog, an independent dog, and a big ole goofy mommas boy wiggle butt, depending on the day and which way the wind is blowing. I wouldnt trade my wiggle for all the tea in China. He loves to play agility, is great with kids.

Nancy - there is no other way of saying it. Acd's are one of a kind.

Mine comes from direct cow herding lines and has a TON of drive which is why we got into flyball. I wish I knew about herding lessons when she was young. She sees no point in sheep but let her see a cow or horse and she goes into the "mode" but we won't allow her to get close. I would love to have cow herding lessons with to see if hse would find that more interesting.