BC Boards

locations

You can always do a search for events in your area by going to organization's websites. I am not familiar with your area so I can't really say what is close to you or not without looking it up. Agility organizations you could look up are USDAA, NADAC, CPE, DOCNA, or...the AKC. Just go to their respective websites and look for events in your area.

I used to live there and I took Lucia to The Family Dog Club. They also have an awesome doggie day care and you can get discounts on classes if you help out on the weekend (cleaning, mowing, fixing equipment, etc). They are located in Chesapeake. There's a NADAC trial coming up in Feb if you want to hang out and watch.

http://www.familydogclub.com/home.cfm

Tell Rita, Christine and Lucia say hi :rolleyes:

I used to live there and I took Lucia to The Family Dog Club. They also have an awesome doggie day care and you can get discounts on classes if you help out on the weekend (cleaning, mowing, fixing equipment, etc). They are located in Chesapeake. There's a NADAC trial coming up in Feb if you want to hang out and watch.

Tell Rita, Christine and Lucia say hi :D

thanks guys for the info will start searching

would that doggie day care in chesapeak be

park avenue pups. if so that is where i took my dog for her obedenance and theraphy dog classes. :rolleyes:

thanks guys for the info will start searching

would that doggie day care in chesapeak be

park avenue pups. if so that is where i took my dog for her obedenance and theraphy dog classes. :rolleyes:

No, The family dog club is on Centerville TRPK south of the Greenbrier area. It's right next to the new city park that just opened up.

Tell Rita, Christine and Lucia say hi :D

thanks for this link. this is just around the corner for me. plan on being there feb 2 just to watch. :rolleyes: :

thanks for this link. this is just around the corner for me. plan on being there feb 2 just to watch. :D :

Cool! I passed through there last weekend and stopped by to say hi. I miss the place. I was going to try and make it up there for the NADAC trial on Feb 23 and 24th, but I have school all day on the 23rd and an 8 hour drive is just a bit too far for just one day of trialing :D Especially since I have to be back in school at 8am on Mon :rolleyes:

this is just around the corner for me. plan on being there feb 2 just to watch. :rolleyes: :

As long as you're going to watch, ask if there's anything you can do to help out. Trials almost always need more people to help, even for just an hour or two, and you'll learn more that way. Just tell 'em you're a complete novice and they'll find something easy for you to do, like leash runner or scribe runner. If you want to study up on the different jobs in advance, read this.

As long as you're going to watch, ask if there's anything you can do to help out. Trials almost always need more people to help, even for just an hour or two, and you'll learn more that way. Just tell 'em you're a complete novice and they'll find something easy for you to do, like leash runner or scribe runner. If you want to study up on the different jobs in advance, read this.

Great idea!!! Rita is always stuggling to get enough helpers for the trials. Every little bit helps!

Check the NAFA webpage for flyball events. You can also check their locator for clubs in that area.

cclouses i found for fly ball is mannas va. not real far but not real close either.since i have to depend on others to drive me places

which usually falls on my mother.just hoping i can talk her into taking me to the aglity thing in chesapeake. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Cool! I passed through there last weekend and stopped by to say hi. I miss the place. I was going to try and make it up there for the NADAC trial on Feb 23 and 24th, but I have school all day on the 23rd and an 8 hour drive is just a bit too far for just one day of trialing :D Especially since I have to be back in school at 8am on Mon :rolleyes:
did go to watch the aglity thing today at family dog club. just watched some of the dogs in action. but not knowing the rules of the run did not know if dog did good or bad. one lady had her border collie named twister. he was fast there was also a lady with a australion shepard named bonnie. now that dog was really good.it was like once started the dog just went on its own. bonnie was having a fun time.

: :D

No, I was in Asheville, nc. Did you have fun? It's not hard to pick up on the rules. Follow the course, don't skip obsticals, don't blow the contactes, no food (treats or toys) on the course, etc. I've seen Bonnie run before. Great dog! That's the type of dog that makes it look easy :rolleyes: Are you going to try it with your dog?

I think I'm going to enter the 2 day trial in Roanoke, Va over Easter weakend. I have a 4 day weekend and no family here, so it would be a good time to compete.

No, I was in Asheville, nc. Did you have fun? It's not hard to pick up on the rules. Follow the course, don't skip obsticals, don't blow the contactes, no food (treats or toys) on the course, etc. I've seen Bonnie run before. Great dog! That's the type of dog that makes it look easy :rolleyes: Are you going to try it with your dog?

I think I'm going to enter the 2 day trial in Roanoke, Va over Easter weakend. I have a 4 day weekend and no family here, so it would be a good time to compete.

well would not mind getting involved in the sport. however i do not think shadow would be good at that.she is bery sweet but is not the brighest bulb in the pack.she is also very needy. wanting constant petting.i belive she is best being a theraphy dog. if i did not live with my mother. i would love to get another border collie for aglity.not sure if i could do the moves myself. i have a pronounced limp. no vision in the lower left vison field. can no longer drive so must depend on mother to drive me around.and that is a little far out for her to take me on a reguler basis.

yes i did have fun.what i really want to do in the future. when i have my own place is to have a border collie rescue.

:D:D:D That would be great! Definately not enough of those around. Then you can promote agility, too :rolleyes:
sure i could promote aglity.once i learn how to set one up and the rules ect....

found a inexpensive little aglity kit. in a pet store catalogue. thinking about getting it and use it for mental stimulation for my dog. shadow.just something we can play with.both in side and out

:D

sure i could promote aglity.once i learn how to set one up and the rules ect....

found a inexpensive little aglity kit. in a pet store catalogue. thinking about getting it and use it for mental stimulation for my dog. shadow.just something we can play with.both in side and out

:D

folowling a link from this board. i ended up watching a you tube short. by kats dogs. this person narrated the course explaing what dog had to do and what would fail the dog at each obstscle. then on animal planet the next night i watched a tril contest. knowing what to look for in ech obstacle i enjoyed watching this so much. really just makes me want to get in there and try it.this year is not good for me to sart anything new. maybe by next year.after i get theraphy dog visits under my belt. :rolleyes: