BC Boards

Jack Knox Clinic this weekend - stuff to bring

I got Julie's flyer, saying the dog will need a snug-fitting, flat buckle collar. My collars are the "quick release" kind - they don't really have a buckle, it's two plastic pieces that slide together and snap shut. Bob's always telling me how much most people hate them, because they break away under extreme stress. I tell Bob that's why I have them! :rolleyes:

Anyway, my question is: is a nylon collar with a quick-release on it acceptable, or do I need to get real buckle collars for the clinic? I don't mind doing so, but I thought I'd make sure it's really buckles that are wanted and it doesn't just say buckle colllars to keep people from showing up with choke chains.

I thought I'd post this as a thread rather than email Julie, in case I'm not the only one wondering this. :D

It's flat buckle as opposed to slip chain, pinch, or martingale collar. The quick release buckle is fine.

Sally,

You worry too much! :D Even if you showed up with the wrong type of collar, I could fit your dogs with something else (since Larky recently won me four nice leather collars!). And Pip says he doesn't care what kind of collars your dogs wear, as long as you bring him some drinkies! :rolleyes:

Becca's a good one to answer your questions anyway, since I plagiarized most of the info in my flyer from hers from last year....

J.

Sally,

You worry too much! :D Even if you showed up with the wrong type of collar, I could fit your dogs with something else (since Larky recently won me four nice leather collars!). And Pip says he doesn't care what kind of collars your dogs wear, as long as you bring him some drinkies! :D

It's an occupational hazard. :D Please convey my congratulations to Miss Lark. And tell Master Pipit that his mother has warned me not to contribute to his delinquency. :rolleyes:

Not to change the subject, but the bad news is that it looks like we could get rain for part or much of the weekend. So bring rain gear (I'm hoping if everyone shows up prepared for rain that it will cause the rain to hold off till we're done).

J.

But this is good news. :D Not only do we need it, but Bob always says dogs work better in the rain. I think it reminds them of the Mother Country. :rolleyes:

Well, it is good news in the sense that we do need rain. It's bad news because the drought caused all the grass to die over the summer, and it's barely coming back, which means rain = lots of mud (where normally there would just be wet grass). But we'll manage anyway!

J.

Rain is a four letter word.....

And "mud" has a way of making me land in it.....No pictures you all :rolleyes:

Karen