BC Boards

Uhm, grr.

Unless I can given them my undivided attention, or at least pay attention to where they are, I do not let my dogs have free roam of the house. We spend hours a day at the park, and they are out a lot when I'm home, don't get me wrong, but if i have work to do or I'm taking a shower, in the crates they go.

My SO on the other hand, just lets them roam no matter what he's doing...and I always get onto him for it, because you never know what they're gonna get into, and i always worry about Ido eating things...

Well, I get home tonight, dogs have been out for a few hours. I notice cat litter all over the carpet, and I ask if they'd been into the cat box...SO shrugged. Well they went up so I could clean some snake bins, and I turned around cause I smelled cat &*$@!.....Ido had vommitted cat poop and litter everywhere!!! :D

So I dragged SO in there to clean it up. :rolleyes: Maybe next time he;ll keep a closer eye on them...

I think people should respect other peoples dogs more. Don't get me wrong I know he proably doesn't mean anything bad by it, but they are your dogs. ( I should be married by 40 huh? :rolleyes: )

My DH does this! We do close all doors to rooms and the kitchen (where the cats are) is babygated off. But you'd be surprized how much they still manage to get into. I never let them out of my sight... if I'm in a room, so are they. But DH just sits at his desk and lets them roam the living room. So I always come home to some kind of destruction. :rolleyes: And he still doesn't get it. You just can't let Zeeke out of sight... ever! Arg!

Gross just gross. I have had dogs eat so much poo (dog) that they do that. It is one of the worst smells imaginable, and the dog who has done this is no longer allowed unfettered access to the outdoors. Unless I have gone through every last INCH of the place and STILL watch her.

I have a walk in closet- and since I am not a clothes horse, one whole side is devoid of clothing. I have a baby gate that I have across the door, and therefore the dogs can't get in, but the cats can walk through the gate. It works well.