BC Boards

Going on 9 days without heat or electric!

Thank god for my dogs keeping me warm at night! The ice still has us knocked out here in SW M.O. I had to travel to Arkansas just to get my first hot bath since the storm hit. *been washing out of a bucket brrrrrr!* My house & Jeep got hit pretty hard. (will have pictures once i am back on-line) I think i have lost at least 1/2 my sanity during this whole ordeal. *those that know me know i didnt have that much to spare!*

Well I got an angry teenager wanting her computer back, send me warm vibes! Hopefully i'll be back in the age of electric soon! Thinking warm thoughts, and hope all the other boardies in this region are safe and warm!

P.S.

Zag, Sydney, and Hope seem oblivious to the fact that we are without power. THey are just happy as pigs in a poke! :rolleyes:

Poor Foo, keep warm and cuddle with the three furry friends!

Can't believe it: 9 days without electricity!!! We have it good here, even if it's colder, at least we haven't lost power not even once since this whole craziness started in December!

Glad you guys are well (or kindda :rolleyes: )

Anda

I remember when we were out of power for almost a week and a half about seven years ago. Man it was nuts! We played board games by candle light, it was pretty fun. Oh, playing cards by candle light was like the old west too

Good luck on getting power soon. Stay warm.

Foo, 2 of my sisters and a bunch of nieces/nephews, etc. live near Rolla - most of them got power back Friday afternoon so believe me I have heard exactly how bad it is up there with all the ice, downed trees, etc. - I understand its been snowing most of the weekend. Hope you get power back soon. In the meantime, be careful driving, etc. and keep those dogs close!

Sending lots of warm, fuzzy thoughts! (okay, so most of my thoughts are fuzzy!) Anyway, hope you get back to power soon! Guess you've been having lots of "3 dog nights!" :rolleyes: It's a bummer when it's a 3 dog night and you only got 2 dogs! Stay warm and please let us know when you are back to "normal"!

Yikes! Hope your power is back on soon lest you die from BC Board deficiency. (And I've done the "bath in a bucket" thing; better than no bath, but it kinda sucks. Especially with long hair. Maybe you can build yourself a temporary sauna; that makes the experience a whooooole lot more palatable!)

Stay warm!

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!! I wish you were near we'd have loaned you our generator!

We were out at my place for six days the week before xmas, but with a fireplace and six extension cords it was bearable.

Unfortunately I'm on an artesian that requires a pump and 220 argh....so no water.

It REALLY wears on you. But the upside is, you'll feel grateful for being able to do laundry and clean the house....