BC Boards

For the ones we could't save

Ceredwyn

This is a place where miracles are worked. Unwanted, frightened, sometimes ailing animals have been rescued from certain death and brought into a world where humans bring love and comfort. Dogs go from fearful victims to loving companions. My DH comments when Belle snuggles up to him, "Finally got people, huh?" and she just snuggles closer.

But our first rescue effort after our Girlfriend died didn't end happily. On this forum, we learned about a senior girl in an Ohio kill shelter and our hearts broke when we saw how sad and frightened she looked. We made arrangements to adopt her. But as we were packing the car to leave a phone call came; she'd been euthanized because of illness.

I prayed to the God I try to understand that she knew in those last moments that someone cared, that she had a home and people waiting for her, that she had a full food bowl, and a bed, and even a name. She was already "Star" to us.

Star:

sweetgirl.jpg

sweetgirl2.jpg

So this is for Star, and for all of the ones we miss saving: Even though we couldn't get there, people all over the world cared about you. Wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge, for one of us will surely take you home with us when we arrive.

Wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge, for one of us will surely take you home with us when we arrive.

Please wait for me -

I'm so sorry.