BC Boards

"Jon Katz is a true dog lover."

gypsy84

Thank you guys so much! [Heh -- she said "you guys."]

QUOTE(Lewie @ Mar 28 2008, 01:36 PM) post_snapback.gif...and she doesn't really have a personality.

Is this a quote from somewhere? I'm not getting the reference.

I was sure it was a quote about me, but it's from the first post in the thread:

6. Dogs aren't people

Katz says this is the most important thing to keep in mind when considering your dog's personality – she's not a person, and she doesn't really have a personality. "They're wonderful animals, and I love them," he says, "but they're not people." So when you're trying to figure out your dog's behaviour, remember not to anthropomorphize her. "They don't have complex human emotions," says Katz, "they can't tell time, they don't know if you've been gone for three hours or six hours, they are not chewing the carpet up because you have a new boyfriend or girlfriend. They're just relatively simple animals."

This statement really upset me, too. I thought my border collies would go to Stanford and support me in my old age, and now Jon Katz is all, "Dogs aren't people!" Who knew?

I was sure it was a quote about me, but it's from the first post in the thread:

This statement really upset me, too. I thought my border collies would go to Stanford and support me in my old age, and now Jon Katz is all, "Dogs aren't people!" Who knew?

Thanks for clearing that up, Luisa. It sounded like Katz, but after looking around on this thread and your blog (great and loved that NG spoof, btw) and not locating the source, I thought I'd ask.

The comment is classic, nonsensical Katz. He says exactly the opposite countless times.