BC Boards

The Cat in the gutter

sweet_ceana

On our walk this evening we passed a poor cat who lost his life at some point today and wound up alone in the gutter. I do not know where this poor soul lived, but I did not want the loss of his life to pass without notice. Poor kitty, I wish your fate would have been more comfortable.

That is so kind of you. I know what you mean. Everytime I drive by an animal killed on the highway I say a little prayer for them. If I can I pick up dogs and cats out of the road, I either place them in a wooded area or call animal control. It seems so disrespectful to leave them lying exposed.

Toni

• 3 weeks later...

A yaller cat came with our farm."kitty" was here for a year on his own, fed by former owners and real estate softies(he ate pretty good). He moved on when he realized we moved in with six dogs. Last winter we drove by a cat frozen in a snow pile. I thought it was Kitty and made my husband turn around and dig him out. We brought him home and buried him in the yard after digging a hole in the frozen ground. Spring came and I saw Kitty in the barn. So some other cat got a proper burial. I hate seeing them so alone.