BC Boards

Usher saves 2

The amazing Usher dog( he needs a cape) helped both me & my mom get up from a "spill" tonight. She fell and I went rushing to her side and "karpluk" I went. My knee went outta whack and I couldn't get up to help her, so I called for "Ush" and he got between us and helped me up until I could get my knee outta joint and help her. I told her "Use the bed and use him because he's NOT going to move until you're up" well, I was right. She is now amazed at the complete "stand stay" that he has and ignores the recall- LOL. Of course, no pics. :rolleyes: You probably wouldn't want to see them anyway & IF there was someone there...........WHY weren't they helping us? :D

That's what he was originally purchased for - a service dog- I dont' know how to work with another breed- LOL. I figure he's been my toughest challenge so far out of many and it must be well worth the time and effort.

Good for you, Usher! Glad you are both OK. Our # 3 border collie (back in 97) was a complete mess, she was at least a three time shelter dump by the time she came to us... It was a real challenge to get her to do anything, and we were quite inept at training back then. One thing that would get her attention was a "fake" asthma attack. One heck of a recall. I don't know where she learned that, or if she just planned to make dinner out of the "weak one".

Good boy, Usher!! Give him a hug for me!!

Just a thought, Dianne, since you and your mom are going to be living in different houses soon, do you think it might be a good idea if you got her one of those 'Life Alert' alarms? Even though you will be living right next door, you aren't going to be there every minute of every day and 2 hours is a long time to be laying on the floor. Just something to think about once you get there.

Good Boy Usher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give him a big 'ol hug for me. That's awesome that he helped you guys. So is she starting to warm up to him now? :rolleyes:

Get that boy a cape, he is SUPERDOG !!!!Being an RN I know of too many people who fall over /down, and are there for 48hrs or so (or even longer ) ,at home alone .If only they had SUPERDOG!!!Hope your mum appreciates what a good boy he is

Thanks everyone. I was so proud of him and now my Mom is in love with him. This is the 2nd time he's helped her. He still has a lot of "puppy" left in him, but I can see him turning out to be a great dog. She did have one of those "life alert" things before she moved, but changed insurances, we're hoping they will cover her with the new insurance. She moves Monday- I move after I make sure she's all settled in.