BC Boards

Question about blowing coat

I have had Taz for 2 1/2 years and every time I have brushed her, all I get is 1 or 2 brushfuls of hair. I recently seitched her from Premium Edge to Barking at the Moon because both of my dogs coats were looking really dry and dull. They have been eating it for 4 weeks and for the last week or so, Taz has been shedding large clumps of hair. Today I brushed her and got a huge pile of fur from her. What I am wondering is if it is from switching her to a higher quality food and her getting rid of the toxins. I would appreciate any feedback.

This is right on schedule for shedding out the old coat when switching foods. I've seen it many times with rescues. If the shedding continues longer than a week and her coat doesn't seem to improve, you might try either a different food, or an EFA supplement (fish body oil like salmon is really popular - I like combo products that offer a balance of Omegas myself).