BC Boards

the latest (ad)ventures of Richard Swafford

Theoretically you are right, of course, and that's a good consideration to keep in mind in weighing the costs/benefits of posting a link. However, I just googled "border collie puppies," and Swafford's site did not come up in the first 10 pages of listings (I didn't look any further than that). I don't think anyone finds Swafford by googling -- they find him through puppyfind.com and all the other marketing sites he lists with, as well as his newspaper ads.

Danae, your story is SO familiar, right down to the last detail. The solicitation of a "partnership" in whelping out females and selling pups, the sick pup, the difficulty getting papers, the friendly emails followed by the rude, nasty emails . . . Sorry you had to go through it. Welcome to the Boards.

What about the breeder in Texas that sells all of those preganant bitches for top dollar?

I don't see his name on here except as breeding one of the deregistered dogs.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kennel looks much better than say GHFarms in Alabama, ABCA member and breeder, owner of 100's of dogs.

When exactly have you visited Swafford's kennel? I ask because I was last there in November, and I have to agree with Gary's assessment of the place.

This kennel looks much better than say GHFarms in Alabama, ABCA member and breeder, owner of 100's of dogs.

Also, there is a big agility competitor and winnder of atitles that compettes with deaf dogs, that are the offspring of her ABCA dogs.

Richard Swafford did not start the IBCA. It is owned by a corporation in Delaware, just like the ABCA.

"There are always two sides to every story,"

OK, so if what you say is true then do something about it - report it to ABCA and get the ball rolling, don't whine about it here.

Forgive me but I think you are simply a "troll" as you have posted 3 times here and all are in defense of an expelled ABCA breeder (if you can even call him that).

GH Farms? Who is that? Do you have a link to the site?

What about the breeder in Texas that sells all of those preganant bitches for top dollar?

Do you have a name? Link?

Also, there is a big agility competitor and winnder of atitles that compettes with deaf dogs, that are the offspring of her ABCA dogs.

Richard Swafford did not start the IBCA. It is owned by a corporation in Delaware, just like the ABCA.

Since you retrieved this long dead thread quoting me from 2007 and you seem to have more knowledge of the slime breeder's operations than we do, I have a couple questions.

How do you know that he did not start IBCA? The fact that it is owned by a corporation in Delaware means absolutely nothing. I own a business in Michigan and could incorporate in Delaware or any other state tomorrow if I so choose.

Do you know and will you provide the names of the Board of Directors or corporate officers?

So the scum sucking pig (again, no offense to pigs) looks better than another puppy mill. Is that supposed to impress us or mitigate his puppy mill operation?

Its like saying starving to death in Florida is better than starving to death in Anarctica because at least the weather is nicer.

I notice that since you joined in 2006, you have had a total of 3 posts. 1 defending IBCA, 1 defending the puppymilling puke directly and 1 mentioning some obscure reference to a breeder in Texas.

I do thank you for reviving this thread since it is always nice every year or so to remind us of the maggot and give new members the chance to be made aware of his disgusting operation. :rolleyes:

So true - sometimes it is a matter of point of view, and sometimes one side is honest and the other is not.

If you know anything about Richard Swafford and his puppy mill operation, you would know that what people are saying here is true. There are enough people here who have personal stories relating to his kennel, and the poor dogs that live as production units there or have been sold to purchasers when flea-ridden, wormy, and ill.

As for IBCA, that was started by a breeder who was barred by ABCA for "...failing to cooperate with an investigation of her breeding practices...". It has become a haven for other disaffected and irresponsible breeders, and those who are foolish enough to believe her "side of the story".

There are irresponsible breeders that are ABCA members and that register with ABCA. When ABCA investigates credible allegations and finds problems that come under their authority as a registry, the problem is dealt with. But, as in all organizations or groups, it is the integrity of the individual that determine how that individual chooses to conduct his/her business and operations.

And where's that Big Billy Goat Gruff when you need him? He knows how to handle trolls and other trouble-makers.

While I always hate hearing about puppy mills and similar operations, it is the type of thing that needs to be talked about for it to go away. We were recently involved in 2 local seizures, one of over 40 mini aussies and the other of over 440 designer bred, small dogs. Just yesterday we were in court listening to the owners of the 440 dogs both plead not guilty to 10 charges including several felony's they are being charged with. It is sick what these poor animals are put through.

Let's be happy that this person defending this so called breeder brought this topic back up. More publicity and outrage is only going to help shut these nightmares of places down. :rolleyes:

Ya he's a turd. I hope that someday he gets what he deserves....KARMA can be a real pain! lol

I don't see his name on here except as breeding one of the deregistered dogs.

Sorry, didn't mean the texas one...was talking about Richard Swafford. He's the turd.

Which turd in Texas are we talking about? There's quite a few of them? Let's see ... listed on a deregistered dog. Is this the turd?

Name: Red Dawns Bree (UKC conformation championship)

Owner: Alicia Ward

Breeder: John T Wilson

Sire: Imp Sam

Dam: Imp Floss

My gosh, that website makes me sad. I copied and pasted the address, so as not to give him a click. Those dogs, every single one of them, look as though they spend all their time praying to be rescued from HIM!

I wish there were something that could be done to shut him down.

---D'Elle

Re: Two sides to every story:

So true - sometimes it is a matter of point of view, and sometimes one side is honest and the other is not.

Oh, exceptional response.

I'm constanctly frustrated by the notion that we have to "honor" every opinion from every person as if they're all equally valid. If you've proven yourself an unethical liar, then your opinion doesn't get the same weight as that of a person of integrity.

Mary