BC Boards

looking for a source for graphite wands

Hi Folks,

At the Finals, my 10 year old bought a graphite training wand. It is very, very light and doesn't splinter as fiberglass wands do. Does anybody know a source for purchasing these? My kid and I are having a struggle as to whether this wand (which I admit he purchased with his own money) is a Training Stick for Mom or a Staff of Magic Power for the young wizard in my life.

The wands are graphite and were in a stall next to Bob Drummond's Whistle Emporium.

Thanks much.

Wasn't Bob Drummond's part of Bordercollics Anonymous? I thought they sold some wands. They have a website.

The only other booth in that tent with Border Collie stuff was Mid-Atlantic BCR, and I didn't think they sold equipment of any sort.

I think Sue must be right: Border Collics was where they were, although their website lists the wands as fiberglass and they don't have the (ahem) inspired list of colors on the website that they did at the stall. They weigh a fraction of the wands at Sheepman Supply and are very cool. Hal will be relieved I've found one of my own.

Thanx all.

Hey Caroline, Border Collies In Action has them. While on line when you order, get yourself signed up for their free catalouge and you will get one sent about 2x's a yr. I really enjoy mine. And too, keep an eye on the web site, as they offer sales, discounts and dicontinued items, as well as specials for X-Mas. Ive order from them a number of times, and have always been satisfied with the products and customer service. Darci

Okay, here's the deal.

As I thought, these cool graphite wands are not the same as the fiberglass ones. They are (1) graphite colored, (2) much, much lighter, and (3) a little more expensive. Border Collics carries them, but they aren't on the website that I saw. you can write them and buy them, though, which is what I just did. They are (sadly) not on the Border Collies In Action site.

Okay, here's the deal.

As I thought, these cool graphite wands are not the same as the fiberglass ones. They are (1) graphite colored, (2) much, much lighter, and (3) a little more expensive. Border Collics carries them, but they aren't on the website that I saw. you can write them and buy them, though, which is what I just did. They are (sadly) not on the Border Collies In Action site.

Yes they are! Does the link I provided earlier not show a graphite wand for you from the Border Collies in Action site when you click it?