BC Boards

Tempe passes her agility class

My lil scaredy cat really likes agility. She passed Beginner's without issue and has now passed Intermediate I without issue - well I am an issue but that is besides the point. If she actually had a handler who knew what they were doing, Tempe would be great. It has helped her confidence too.

I can't believe the sequences she is able to do with me as a handler.

I guess one day I may have to think about competing with her in agility and I don't really like agility but Tempe loves it so far.

I am proud of her.

Congrats to Tempe!

If you keep at it your handling skills will improve! It has taken me four years to really feel like I'm starting to understand agility handling. Competing - even only a couple of times - has really helped me start to get a feel for it!

Going to trials really help with your handling, when I started with my Mini Aussie, I also did Junoir Handlers. That really helped, and for a while, I was a bit ahead of my dog, but we're about even now, and if anyones better, it's her.

I do recomend getting private lessons, and maybe, if your trainer has a dog, asking to run with that dog..

Just some ideas.

Shay