BC Boards

Red Creek Trial

I spent Sunday at the Red Creek Farm Trial in SC and was able to chat with Karen (Journey) a good bit and saw Linda (Dixie Girl) on the way out (we chatted through the car windows lol).

I had a lot of fun and despite my sunburn, I'm glad I went. This was the first trial I've seen live in about 4 years, so that made it especially nice since this go-round I actually knew a lot of what I was seeing.

My foster puppy did AMAZING for 5 hours out in the sun surrounded by people, dogs, and sheep - she's actually learning how to "settle" when asked. She did spend a fair amount of time watching the sheep in another field behind the Open field, so she may have some promise yet, despite her being a mix of who knows what. :D I think we'll probably go see sheep again once it cools down a bit and see if she's got more interest than she did at 5.5mo.

Karen gave me a great lead on someone for herding training just about an hour from me, so we'll be looking into that for sure. I chatted with another woman over lunch and now have another contact for Border Collies and Carolina Dogs that come through the SHS, too. :D

Darn this addiction. :rolleyes:

I spent Sunday at the Red Creek Farm Trial in SC and was able to chat with Karen (Journey) a good bit and saw Linda (Dixie Girl) on the way out (we chatted through the car windows lol).

I almost came back when I saw you stopped in driveway, darn! It was after 11 by the time I got in so was just as well.....

Bree especially had fun stretching legs and playing with Z - the pups ran a good bit! And Z was terrific about coming back when called despite all the activity "all" around her!

I was glad you found me Erin!

Karen

Archived