BC Boards

Rhys finally went down the basement stairs!!!!!!!

Rhys' left hind leg was amputated 6 months ago. The leg didn’t bend so it limited his mobility. I thought that once the leg wasn’t in the way he would just follow us down to the basement because he goes down the 4 steps off the porch just fine. I knew he had the ability to go down the basement stairs but he lacked the confidence and I hadn’t been able to lure him beyond the 3rd step.

Rhys absolutely hates to be picked up. About a month ago I carried him down to the basement so he would know what he was missing. He loved being down there with us. Tonight I picked him up and brought him down to the basement again. After being in the basement for a couple of hours he followed our other dog up the stairs and then came back down with her! He has now gone up and down the stairs several times!!!!!!

Way to go!!! That's how I taught Black Jack to go down stairs. Now he flies down them. He loves the basement now.