BC Boards

Please pray for Stella

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debbie, we're so happy to hear how well Stella is doing. :D

I have to add to everyone else's advice to quit beating up on yourself. How did you think I felt worrying that I had brought an infestation into my home. :D Was I ever glad that noone besides Lady was infected, not that I'm not worried about her :D

Even though we'd like it we don't have eyes in the back :rolleyes: So jsut rember how much good you do and stop the negativity. :D

Debbie, we're so happy to hear how well Stella is doing. :D

I have to add to everyone else's advice to quit beating up on yourself. How did you think I felt worrying that I had brought an infestation into my home. :D Was I ever glad that noone besides Lady was infected, not that I'm not worried about her :D

Even though we'd like it we don't have eyes in the back :rolleyes: So jsut rember how much good you do and stop the negativity. :D

Guest WoobiesMom

I've never been there! I'm the perfect parent and pet owner! Don't you people know children and dogs belong in padded boxes like delicate jewelry. You only take them out to show off to friends, and then right back in the box. The kids can be let out when it's time for college and then you can blame any mishaps on fraternities. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear lil' Stella is doing well and hope she continues to improve!

Don't beat yourself up, Debbie. It sounds like the bump could've happened even the day before, so how do you know she didn't hurt herself in her crate or running into something. It may not have been the other dogs at all. As everyone has already said, accidents happen. I hope she is back home soon.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

I just spoke with the vet and she seems to be doing fine other than a slightly rapid heart rate, so he is keeping her for now. :rolleyes:

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

He isn't even sure it's really a problem--could be normal for her since she is acting completely normal now. Maybe stress? He's just monitoring at this point.

I hope you know something soon- she's so endearing that I haven't even met her and I'm worried. I can't even imagine how stressed you must be. Actually I can a little, Arthur has his share of alarming moments. Puppies are scary sometimes, I hope you don't still think it's your fault.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

I will tell you my vet closes at 4pm on Saturdays and he answered the clinic phone at 7:15pm when I called. He himself answered. Did I mention my vet is awesome? I wish I could have her here at home but at least I know she's in good hands.

Hey Debbie, my first BC rescue, Willy, a 65lb b&w that I got from the Boulder Humane Society in Colorado had seizures after a knock on the head. Apparently he was bounced from the back of a pickup by his previous owner, who then surrendered him some time later. He had a small scar up by his temple till the day he was put to sleep at 12 for back issues. The seizures though would come like clockwork about every two months after we got him and manifest just like Stella's. Vet finally tried 5 mg of prednazone (?sp) daily. The drug opened up his blood vessels according to the vet. The pred did make him a little heavy, but he ran about 30-40 miles per week so that was kept under control for the nine wonderful years I was blessed to have him.

Don't know if that might help on down the line but in any case I sure am real sorry to hear about your pup, hope all gets better.

-jay

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

I have not heard from the vet today which is good news. Since the clinic isn't open on Sundays (though the vet is there) I assumed I would not pick her up until tomorrow.

Debbie, I'm glad that Stella seems to be bouncing back just fine and that your vet thinks it was likely just the result of a collision and not from illness. My gang and I will continue to send healing thoughts and hugs your way.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Well, to my surprise my vet called me at about 5pm on Sunday night to come pick up Stella. She is looking good but is severely pissed that the first two things I did when we got home were bathe her and put her in her crate. She desperately wants to come out and play but I think she better stay pretty inactive for a few days. The vet didn't say that to me, but that's just something I would assume since it's true for this sort of accident in humans. The only thing I notice about her right now is that her back legs seem a little "off." They work fine but they seem to move funny, almost kicky-like, like a young, goofy horse. I didn't notice it until I got her home and set her down to potty so I will ask the vet about it tomorrow. I am hoping it may just be a temporary side effect of the seizure as I know sometimes it can take a few days for everything to work properly after a seizure.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Stella's hind end "weirdness" seems to be mostly if not completely gone today. She is spunky as ever though her mean 'ol mom won't let her play with the big dogs for at least another few days. I did allow her a short game of fetch which zonked her out for a whopping 10 minutes.