BC Boards

Fynne needs a home

Hi guys. It's me, Miztiki. I'm not registered on the new site here so using hubby's login.

We are getting a divorce. I am taking Boy to Michigan with me but I can't take Fynne. I just can't.

Fynne is a 4 y/o female Border Collie/German Shepherd mix (50/50). She's spayed, microchipped, and UTD on all shots. She is just south of Houston, TX in Pearland. Hubby has 2 weeks off as of today so he may be willing to transport her.

I rescued her from north of Houston a couple year ago at the age of two. She was a total psychotic mess when I got her. She's made tremendous improvement since then but she still has a couple issues.

She is still dog aggressive but to a lesser extent. She is much, much better with people now, especially if they ignore her at first and allow her to approach them for a sniff. After that it's really not an issue and she is fine and they can pet her and move freely. Really, she is only slightly wary of people now and that's about it. (Her aggression with dogs and people is based on fear, not true aggression.)

Inside the house she is a dream. No chewing, accidents, trash raids, etc. She is very well trained both verbally and with hand signals. She does know her name, pronounced "fin", like a fish fin. She is a "soft" dog and responds well, and she catches on very quickly to new concepts. She's very, very well trained in all areas of life, her only issue being dogs now. She would do well with a male dog who would not let her bully him. She is not dominant by any means but she will take advantage of a submissive dog and be snarky with it, so her doggy companion should be a male with fortitude.

She is more Border Collie than anything, with the BC eye and crouch, and all the quirks. She has a tremendous personality! She has a high prey drive. She is a high energy dog but very laid back in the house. She just needs a chance to stretch her legs and some mental stimulation and she is fine for the day. She is FAST. Her recall is awesome and she loves to play fetch. She minds very, very well. She has no issue with grooming or anything, just dogs really. She needs more socialization with them and an experienced hand.

I am hoping to leave Tuesday so if you have any questions, please email me at hotmail.com. I am Miztiki, so put those two together.

I hope everyone is doing well! I am going to be just fine!

I should mention that Fynne is absolutely stunning! She really is beautiful and will turn heads. She weighs about 45 lbs. I'll see if I can figure out how to include a couple pictures with this. Give me a few minutes.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to Laurena for posting pics for me.

Fynne will bring with her many items to include a large bag of Innova EVO Red Meat formula dry dog food, fish oil caps, vitamins, leashes, leads, collars, muzzle (used once but what the hey), toys, vet records, one HW prevention pill for Nov 1st, large dog crate, and many, many, many tears and love from both of us and Boy.

Miztiki,

I am shedding tears for you!! I am so sorry you are going through all this. I have no help for your pup, Scout is dog aggressive as well, but please know I am thinking of you and have been praying for you all these months while missing you.

Remember Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I will pray for Fynne as well.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Miztiki, I can take Fynne here at RMBCR. Please PM if you are interested in relinquishing her. Transport here would be mightly helpful since I am in Dallas (or at least halfway at the minimum).

Miztiki, I can take Fynne here at RMBCR. Please PM if you are interested in relinquishing her. Transport here would be mightly helpful since I am in Dallas (or at least halfway at the minimum).

Thank you!! I can take her all the way to you. Would this weekend work? Please email me at hotmail.com so we can work out the details. Thank you!!!

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Tomorrow evening will work for me. I don't have email at work but I will email you when I get home or you can respond to my PM.

Debbie! Thank you so much. I have known Miz from when I first got on this board almost 2 years ago. I know this is probably a hard hard thing to do, but its wonderful to know she's goin to a great rescue. Debbie, really thank you.

Miz- Im gonna email you.

Michelle, I am so sorry for all you will be going through. I'm glad Debbie will be getting Fynne. I think if anyone could do good by her, she will! Plus, she isn't too far away, so maybe it will be less trauma for Fynne. She is a beautiful girl. I know how hard this is for you. But I am glad you will at least be able to keep Boy. Please, please, keep in touch with us! We care a great deal about you! And miss your insights and humor! Take care, let any of us know if there is anything else we can do.

Hey Miz...sorry that your first post back here in awhile is so sad. Debbie will do an awesome job for Fynne. Hope things work out for you in Michigan. Take care of yourself and Boy

It's so good to hear from you all! I miss you all and hope you are all doing well, and your precious dogs too!

You remember me training Boy to be my Service Dog, right? I only needed him once when I broke my ankle last year. I'll need him in Michigan though. I can't risk slipping and falling on the ice so I'll get a special dog harness thing with a handle on it and use him to support me as I go up and down the steps, get in and out of the car, etc. My dad is also going to build me a cart so that he can pull me around. Then I'll be able to take "walks". He'll be able to pull other things around for me as well, like groceries and stuff like that. That's the only way I'll be able to take him. Otherwise he would need a home too.

He's doing just fine. Remember when he was acting real weird last summer? And I thought my brain tumor was back? We both had a tick borne disease, probably from when I camped in Alabama on the way to the NC get-together. We were both crawling with ticks in that mountain. Anyway, he's been 100% fine since then and so have I. That was a really rough time for me.

When Fynne plowed into me and I fell and broke my ankle I also reinjured my upper back. I had broken a few bones there as a kid but it jarred things around. So now my low and upper back is messed up. I haven't been able to take the dogs out much since then. Fynne would probably be cured of her dog aggression if I could just get her out more. I am sure she will be ok at the rescue and eventually find a good home. I am going to miss her. This is breaking my heart. Apart from her dog aggression she is practically the perfect dog so if you know anyone who could give her a good home and provide her with the exercise and mental stimulation she deserves then please let Debbie know. You may remember that we used to hate her but we both love her very, very much and she has a wonderful personality. She's always happy and ready to make you smile. She will be very missed.

Hubby is going to sell the house and move into Houston. I convinced him to keep our cat Punkin but Tiggers is no more a city cat than I am a city person. He would hate it if he couldn't go outside so I am going to bring him with me and see if I can manage to keep him somehow. I hope my dad doesn't mind too much. I've had him over 9 years and he's my baby. He won't need heartworm prevention there and ticks are not a problem there so maybe I can swing it somehow. If not then at least I'll have the opportunity to try and find him a good home. I hope it doesn't come to that though.

As for me, I don't know what will happen. I can stay at my dad's for a couple months but his auto factory went overseas and he's unemployed so he's been thinking about selling the house at a loss (housing market sucks in MI) and moving out of state. Something will come together for me though, I'm sure of it. There are lots of social services available for me in Michigan so I'll get something figured out. It won't be my cabin in the woods that I long for but I'll be ok.

I have friends in Alabama on the way to Michigan that I will visit with for a little while. This trip is going to be very hard on me physically. I'll stay at campsites on the way and sleep in the car. At least it's cooling down a bit at night now so I can leave the windows cracked. Me, Boy and Tiggers will be glad when we get to my dad's so we can stretch out, that's for sure! It's a shame I will miss the fall colors. I haven't seen the colors in so many years. But Boy will get to play in the snow so I'm looking forward to that!

Take care everyone and it really is good to see you all and know that you're doing well. I love you guys! Please keep Fynne in your prayers so that she finds a good home.

Miz

Aw Miz, this is so sad to hear. I just wanted to tell you to hang in there and be strong. You'll get through all this. I've been there, I know. Just focus on what you need to do for yourself and your four legged loved ones. Things will get better. All I know is that if wasn't for my first BC I wouldn't have survived mine... he listened like nobody else did, awesome friend that he was.

My thoughts, prayers and best wishes will be for your safety and strength in this painfully hard time. (gentle hug)

-jay