BC Boards

Green Valley SDT this weekend in Ann Arbor

I had planned to go to Jim Valley's SDT this weekend Baby, but still may go down solo for Sunday. Have to work Saturday.

I don't thiink she ever looked twice at the sheep, but at least she looked like she belonged there.

I was wondering if anyone from the boards was going out there this year?

The weather forecast looks like the makings of a beautiful Michigan fall weekend.

Edited to correct: I mean Green Acres SDT at Jim Valley's.

Its dyslexic being hell.

It is, I beleive, Barker Road exit off of US23, about 5 miles north of Ann Arbor.

From the exit it is about 1.25 to 1.5 miles west, north side of the road.

Anyone who has been there before, please feel free to correct if I am mistaken.

I will be there with Hamish (our big 2nd trial....) and my S.O. will be running Rafe (their first trial).

Novice-Novice runs first at roughly 7 am both days (13 runs), then Pro-Novice (25 runs), then Ranch (16 runs), then Open (33 runs).

It does look like it should be nice weather--a little warmer than in the last couple of years....but clear.

Hope to see you there. The street address is 2590 N. Territorial

Have fun you all! I am a UMich grad, grew up in Michigan. I hope you have perfect Michigan October weathe, glorious foliage, and can stop and buy some wonderful apples on your way home. No one on the west coast understands how tasty apples are when they are grown where it actually gets cold!

Barb...

I will be there with Hamish (our big 2nd trial....) and my S.O. will be running Rafe (their first trial).

Novice-Novice runs first at roughly 7 am both days (13 runs), then Pro-Novice (25 runs), then Ranch (16 runs), then Open (33 runs).

It does look like it should be nice weather--a little warmer than in the last couple of years....but clear.

Hope to see you there. The street address is 2590 N. Territorial

Thanks for the correction Wendy.

North Territorial is exit 49 on US23.

On Saturday U of M plays EMU in Ann Arbor at noon, so traffic on 23 from about 10:00am to 11:30 and then from probably about 3 to 4:30 pm will generally suck and 94 east and west won't be any better.

If you have the choice, Sunday will be the better traffic day.

Sunday is also supposed to be partly cloudy while Saturday looks like full sun all day.

There are also construction signs on 23 North warning of long delays in the Ann Arbor area. Not sure if they road crews will be working this weekend, or not, but might pay to allow extra travel time if taking 23. They're calling for a high in the upper 80's tomorrow!

The trial starts at 7am with Novice and runs through Open. No, the trial won't be cancelled for hot weather, though I agree, it is much too hot for October.

Northbound US-23 has contruction north of Territorial exit, but road crews can be spotty. so don't take my word for it. If eastbound on I-94, you can always pick up North Territorial by exiting at Dexter, travelling north through town (Dexter-Pickney Road?), until you reach North Teritorial, which, incidentally, runs east-west. Please mapquest to get exact directions.