BC Boards

Feeding Evo

bc4pack

It's been the experience of the vast, vast majority of people who have dogs who require a "grain free" diet, that NB works in that respect. At least that's what I can judge from the nutrition discussion groups and boards that I'm on or read. Most objections to NB are to the very low protein levels.

This may be a repeat response, if so I apologize - I feel like the flax is a) pretty low down the ingredient list - it's a supplement, not an energy source as a cereal grain would be for the purpose of people who are avoiding grain as an energy source. And :rolleyes: flax is not one of the more common allergens. Most people who have dogs that are allergic/sensitive to flax, are aware of it as a seperate issue from the grain-free issue. Finally, c) flax is considered therapeutic for the type of dog that often is using the allergen formulas. I actually am not a fan, frankly - I'd prefer it if they would consider going to a fish oil instead someday. It's difficult to source good preservative-free fish body oil that doesn't cost its weigh in gold, however.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

The Wellness food has Flax in it, too. Strange that they can call foods grain free if they have flax in them. I tried the NB Duck and Sweet Potato food and Rumor did awful on it which is why I am hesistant to try another NB formula. I like that the Wellness Core only has 34% protein in it but I doubt it's any cheaper.

Around here it is in the same ballpark as Evo, definitely not cheaper. I didn't know it has flaxseed in it, but I know you were concerned about the high protein, that's why I brought it up. You know, after all you've been through with Ru, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.