BC Boards

splitting frontline pipettes

BYW Rose Geranium oil is a mixture of >52 compounds and the exact composition of this mixture is affected by everything (soil, moisture, weeds, location, storage, extraction technique, etc).

Composition of the oil of rose-scented geranium (Pelargonium sp.) grown under the semiarid tropical climate of south India

Water soluble fractions of rose-scented geranium (Pelargonium species) essential oil

Yield and Chemical Composition of the Essential Oil of Rose-scented Geranium (Pelargonium species) Grown in the Presence and Absence of Weeds

Here are a few of those compounds:

10-epi-gamma–eudesmol

guaia-6,9-diene

citronellyl propionate

α-selinene

citronellyl butyrate

10-epi-γ-eudesmol

geranyl tiglate

sabinene

cis-linool oxide

linalool

α-terpineol

geraniol

linalool

isomenthone

citronellol

citronellyl formate

geraniol

geranyl formate

rose oxide

Mark

"Oh please, most everything is a chemical and/or mixture of chemicals (even you and I); some are natural products while others are synthetic. Hell, even aspirin (which is found in several plants) is now produced from petro-chemicals. Pure acetyl salicylic acid is the same no matter if it comes from plants or coal tar. Unless you are prepared to chew on bark you raise organically and harvest to get your acetyl salicylic acid, you run the risk of exposure to synthetic chemicals used in extracting the acetyl salicylic acid from natural sources or in the synthetic preparation of aspirin."

You're right, I research everything now a days, having a grandson with a neurological disorder, I'm an investigative nut. I still prefer the less invasive approach first, if possible.

Everyone doesn't have to agree to accept theories and remedies...many of them are anecdotal. In other words there may be no scientific evidence to support a positive outcome, but for some people it works....or it helps. I'm all for anecdotal evidence as long as it does no harm either physically or psychologically.

all hail dr bronners pure castille soap! (lavender flavour :rolleyes:)

yup i bathed my doglets in my dreadlock shampoo!

soap em up rub rubbidy rub rub for 10 minutes and rinse the little DEAD buggers off! wooooooo hooooooo!

i forgot that you can suffocate fleas with bubbles!

now i know this isnt going to last, but i figure if i can bath them once a week, flea comb them everyday and dust the house with de powder i should be on a winner!

anyone want to help me bath the cats?

no?

i guess i just dust the cats a flea comb them daily!