BC Boards

finals- what's it looking like?

Renee - Unless the points list changes for some reason, you're in. I count 6 3rd dogs and 2 handlers with 2 dogs each that i know for sure aren't coming, so that does it right there.

I hope you come Laura, i'd love to meet you finally! I know what you mean about a long way for one dog. That's why i'm searching for another Nursery dog right now for next year in SD. I'm going to run everything i can after driving that far!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 23 is the cut Ben qualified (26--we only had 4 trials) but I won't be running the Open so there is another slot for you Renee--and a great dog for it to go to!

debbie

whoops just checked--you are higher on the list--you no need my scrawny points..oh well for somebody else then!

David and I will be there (Rook, Bess, McCloud and Britton in Open / Vic in Nursery).

Renee, you'll get in Open with Bette! I know three other East Coast dogs in the top 150 that are not going.

Laura, you better come East... we'd love to see you!

My knee is getting better, but being a stomach sleeper it's been tough since I can not sleep that way. All I have to say is thank goodness for Ambien! I go back to the Ortho next Wednesday and hopefully I will be able to start putting weight on it again!

I had another little accident the other day though. I was trying to sort sheep off the 4 wheeler (first time working dogs since the accident) and pulled up close to the round pen to close the gate. Since I can not bend my leg very much, I have to sort of hang my foot off the side of the foot rest. There is a cattle panel that was leaning against the round pen near the gate, and as I drive forward my foot and the back tire of the 4 wheeler got stuck on the cattle panel. The tire bent the bottom corner of the panel out and my foot was bent backwards stuck in one of the squares between the panel and the tire! OUCH! It stretched that ligament on the inside of my knee that was injured by the sheep and yes, I was crying! More so tears of "How the hell am I going to get out of this mess by myself?" :rolleyes: I ended up backing the 4 wheeler up to get the panel unstuck and then bent down and pulled my foot out. It hurt a lot the rest of that day, but feels fine today, so I hope no more damage. I know... stupid of me to even think about doing stuff like this, but I am just not the type to sit still! And with the biggest trial of the season coming up... I HAVE to work my dogs!

What's the saying? If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!

By now Julie, you're probably saying "Why'd I ask?", but thanks for asking! :D

Oh OUCH! Christine. I can understand not wanting to be sitting around, but don't kill yourself while you're trying not to go stir crazy and get ready for the finals! I haven't been able to work dogs for a totally different reason--it's too darn hot. The sheep just stand around panting, even after the sun goes down....

Let us know what the ortho says. Are you planning to keep mum about the accident or spill the beans?

J.

Hey Debbie!

Christine, you sound like me. I get very creative about things to do when I'm by myself! I've been lucky so far though (knock on wood). Well okay, sounds like Bette will get in. Then what? I'm already nervous! It's been pretty miserable here too, Julie. We've finally gotten some rain though, yay!

Renee

We've finally gotten some rain though, yay!

Renee

Rain? What's that? Haven't seen anything like it in weeks. I hear tell a cold front is coming through tonight and *might* bring rain in isolated areas, but I suspect it will go around us (we see thunderstorms passing to either side of us regularly). At least if the temperatures drop a bit, I might be able to work dogs early in the morning!

J.

Julie, do you mean keep mum about the accident or spill the beans to the Ortho? I guess it depends on what the xrays show. If all is still OK, I won't tell them so that I can hopefully start putting weight on it again.

Renee, aww, don't be nervous... you and Bette will probably kick all our butts in Open!

Laura, David already gave me a good swift kick in the rear the day I got my foot stuck. He's been telling me all along to take it easy, but I just can't do it!

It's been hot as the dickens here, too. Yesterday it was 99 with the heat index at 105 (so they say).

Christine,

I meant were you going to tell the ortho what happened. Probably a good idea to keep mum unless the X-ray shows otherwise, as long as it's not giving you any pain. It was 103 here yesterday--I don't know what the heat index was, and it's supposed to be 101 today (it feels like it). As I sit here yet another storm is passing by to the north. We. Need. RAIN!!!

J.

Julie - We've been getting rain; however, nothing seems to soak in because the ground is too hard!!!!! It is raining now and last night but only lasts about 30 minutes if that.

I hope you get some soon!!!! Maybe you, Jimmy, Tony, and Mary should do a rain dance.

Well I saw Pearse's name on the list, and according to what he said here, he wanted a cutoff of at least 23, so it was at least that!

I talked to Laura and it sounded like y'all had a great time. I did manage to work some dogs here this morning (overcast skies made it much cooler, but of course we didn't get any rain to go with it). Then I had to deliver my camper to its new owners in Winston-Salem--where it will now be a photographer's studio--and I have some money for the trip to PA!

Poor Miss Porky is already reduced to eating lots o' green beans and pumpkin. I wonder if Nick got any of those "tending to portliness" genes? It doesn't look like it yet, but you never know!

J.

From the USBCHA web site: NATIONAL FINALS OPEN DRAW

23.6 lowest points

So it looks like that was the cut off. They also have the nursery draw posted too.

Kathy

From the USBCHA web site: NATIONAL FINALS OPEN DRAW

23.6 lowest points

Well, duh! I guess it pays to read the whole page instead of just looking for one's name, huh? Thanks for pointing that out Kathy. I guess Robin really does win the "guess the cutoff" contest. Question is, what does she win?

J.