BC Boards

Maybe she's the one?

Ok, I know by now everyone is probably saying "he just wants every BC he comes a cross" :rolleyes: While that's not really wrong you know how addicting these guys are. Anywho, I was at the flyball and talking to Kim (Wy BC rescue) about Mandy. She's a 6 months old BC mix that I met at the humane society I work at now. When I first saw her everyone said she was really shy and didn't like anyone. She ran up to me, licked my ear and didn't want to leave my side. Well the WBCR took her and Kim is fostering her now. I saw Mandy again last Saturday and she remembered me!! She ran over and licked my ear again like she knew it was me. She's a really sweet dog and will probably be great at flyball. But I don't really have the room right now. Should I think about maybe making room, or just hope she's there when I get room?

You know that feeling when one is just ment to be? Like Black Jack, when I first saw him I knew he was the dog for me. Ya know?

Here's Mandy

amanda5.jpg

amanda3.jpg

You know that feeling when one is just ment to be? Like Black Jack, when I first saw him I knew he was the dog for me. Ya know?

I don't really know your situation but to me that's like saying you're not going to have kids until you can afford it. :rolleyes:

Where there's a will, there's a way. But like I said, I really don't know your situation.

remind us of your home/work situation we can give you a little more advice that way. I know EXACTLY what you mean LOL Whim has reached the ripe old age of almost 10mos and I find myself looking at the babies again although I have no intention or need for another baby until I see the next cute picture of course

Puppies are cute but they sure do potty a lot.

(and scream and cry and jump and chew)

If I were to jam-pack my house it'd be with another adult!

That little tri-color is REALLY cute though. She reminds me of my little girl when she was younger!

HPIM1896.jpg

She's really cute! I don't know, I'm forever falling in love with rescue dogs, but in reality, I know I'm at my limit right now. If you can devote the time and resources to another dog, and your work/home situation allows for it, then definitely give it a good thinking. I will say, though, that if she's not the one, there will be another one when you're ready.

Mandy is a beauty, really...and it sounds like there's a natural connection between you. I say when in doubt, choose heart over logic...but that's my approach to life, and it's gotten me into some pickles. None that I regret though. If that quiet voice within is prompting you to take Mandy home, I'd do it. Also, I doubt you'd be considering it publicly like this if you couldn't pull it off...yes?

She is very cute! How do your folks feel about another dog, at the moment??????? :rolleyes: WBCR has a lot of absolutely gorgeous pups at the moment and if the city here allowed more than 2, I would snatch up Kipp in a heartbeat.

Deb,

Salt Lake City only allows 2 dogs per household??

OurBoys, we live right in Salt Lake City proper and they only allow 2 dogs per household. Salt Lake County and the surrounding metro areas have different restrictions, depending on the area. If you get a permit, you can foster additional animals.

what a cutie pie! I knew right away that Zeus stole my heart and I wasn't going to be able to leave without him...there are certain animals that just belong with you (like Mandy). It's funny that you mention her personality because although nothing traumatic at all has been done to Zeus (we've had him since he was 7 wks) all of a sudden one day a couple months ago he flipped personaliies from everybodies best friend and now he acts just like Mandy...very shy boy but will come running up to me (not my husband or his auntie Dia who he sees all the time) and will lick my ear and give me lovin. He'll tolerate Morgan and Dia touching him but he isn't super pleased and will only let strangers touch him if they feed him a treat first or take lots and lots of time to sooth him first. All of our other dogs (and cats) love love love people and I don't know why he had that sudden switch of personality unless it was just 'him'.

I vote that you get her and 'make it work' if possible...but I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to animals.

It was love at first site with Sally. There was just something about her picture, her face that I knew she was meant for us. We had been discussing getting another pup, but not seriously. I'm glad I followed my heart, because she really is our little princess now. You do what you know to be right. Sometimes it is letting someone else adopt them, but only you can evaluate that, kwim? Good luck with whatever you decide, this is a toughy.

Thanks guys. Well right now we're renting a house outside of town, I really couldn't have her in the house all the time and she would probably have to sleep in the little off set room/porch where Black Jack sleeps sometimes. But my parents are looking at a house to buy and if they get it I can get her for sure because we'll have more room, plus I'm probably going to build a small one bedroom house by it. So I'm hopeing for that :D

I want to adopt her really bad. I knew when she was at the shelter I wanted her. Kim is being great, she's sending me pictures and telling me about her. I know if someone does adopt her she'll have a good home but I'll always wonder what if.

Allie, yeah I know. Kipp is a LOT of fun. He came from the shelter I work at and we had him in the office for a long time playing with him. His name was Max then :rolleyes: He's really gotten bigger since he was there.

I talked to my parents about getting her and they said probably not. That and the house they were going to buy didn't go through so that's not good either. I guess I'll just have to wait for her to find another home. Man it's hard when you really love a dog that much and there's nothing you can do. I mean, I know she'll get a good home but it's still hard. I work at the humane society and I really like all the dogs there but I wouldn't take most of them home (that's just my own opinion, not that their bad dogs) but she just seems different. Like when I saw Black Jack. I knew I wanted him from when I saw him. I feel bad because I know she really likes me and she remembers me every time I see her. Maybe I can still see her once in a while when she's adopted. I'm just really bummed tonight.

:rolleyes:

Guest LJS1993
I talked to my parents about getting her and they said probably not. That and the house they were going to buy didn't go through so that's not good either. I guess I'll just have to wait for her to find another home. Man it's hard when you really love a dog that much and there's nothing you can do. I mean, I know she'll get a good home but it's still hard. I work at the humane society and I really like all the dogs there but I wouldn't take most of them home (that's just my own opinion, not that their bad dogs) but she just seems different. Like when I saw Black Jack. I knew I wanted him from when I saw him. I feel bad because I know she really likes me and she remembers me every time I see her. Maybe I can still see her once in a while when she's adopted. I'm just really bummed tonight.

:rolleyes:

That is disappointing to say the least. However, there will be another one for sure who will get your attention.