BC Boards

Topical Clinics

Laura - I just love you to death but I'm working all of August (except for a clinic later in the month) and just can't make it down there. I just feel so far away from everyone and everything. Thank goodness for Renee, who has been willing to work with me and my dogs. The woman's a glutton for punishment but, luckily for her, I can only make the trip about once a month.

I'm just so far away from you guys...

It's looking like the 11th will be our day. I'll send out email privately. We'll start early and break for maybe a potluck lunch. Plan is to do the "how to be a sheep whisperer" :rolleyes: clinic first, start with basics and move on to more advanced stuff as the day goes on. We might or might now actually get the dogs out, depending on how many are there and how it goes.

O.k. now I'm green with envy. I'll be anxious to hear how things go

ETA: Sue, you and I can maybe be green with envy together--just saw that you'd posted the same thing

Guest carol campion

Hi folks

I have Derek lined up for a clinic here next October.

Keep you posted on the details. Looks like he will be here for about 10 days.

Carol

Yeah, the problem is that I can practice at home, but I never really know if I'm doing it right (the international shed, that is). I find the ISDS rules a bit confusing, so I'd love to have someone who is good at it show me where I'm going wrong (not that I expect I'll need to do it at a trial anytime soon). Since I make a regular count of my sheep at home, sometimes I do something similar, getting the sheep up at one end of the field and then releasing them in twos and threes so I can count, but that's not quite the same as keeping collared ones and letting the others go. A regular shedding clinic would be good too--especially if we could use a variety of sheep, from those who cling and swirl to those that are more like range ewes (i.e., don't want a human or dog anywhere near).... I need to pull out my shedding clinic DVD, but I still think in-person lessons would be great!

On another note, I'd very much love to get Derek Scrimgeour here on the east coast. Anyone up for trying to do that?

J.

as about new as one could get, but with a 4 month old pup and both of us devouring "the shepherd's pup", i would come disguised as a sheep wearing a fleece to attend a clinic by Derek!

d. cox