BC Boards

Squirrel!

...climb trees?? Yesterday I was out in the back yard with Gypsy taking photos/videos of her. Then all of a sudden, a squirrel appeared less than 3 feet away from her! She went psycho trying to get it, even though it had climbed up a tree and was long gone by this point. So she decided to climb the tree after it :rolleyes: Silly girl.

The photo link wouldn't work, so here it is!

Cool! She did have the advantage of a very climbable tree :rolleyes: Ouzo alwasys stands up by the tree and jumps with his front paws up the tree and barks at the tasty rodents! He never actualy attempted to climb the tree, more like high jumps.

Yea no nice climbing trees here - maggie does launch herself about 3 feet straight in the air and bounces off the tree if she sees a squirrel though.

Guest LJS1993
...climb trees?? Yesterday I was out in the back yard with Gypsy taking photos/videos of her. Then all of a sudden, a squirrel appeared less than 3 feet away from her! She went psycho trying to get it, even though it had climbed up a tree and was long gone by this point. So she decided to climb the tree after it :rolleyes: Silly girl.

The photo link wouldn't work, so here it is!

Your dog would love my ranch then. We have a major squirrel problem, therefore we have ALOT of those little vermin. These aren't the cuddly little guys either, these are the very large and mean squirrels.

My boss as a dog that climbs trees. He can easily get into most trees and often used the "toe spike" method of digging his claws into the bark like a lumberjack. Her favorite story was an elderly neighbor called his son because he saw a dog in the tree. Son thought Dad had finally lost it, came running in and sure enough, level with the window....her dog in the tree. He is also a notorious fence climber. He looks a heinz 57 with lab, rottie, border collie maybe, all sorts of things mixed in there lol.

Yeah mine does that. He's so funny. He'll see one at the park (since we don't have many around here) and try to take off after him, then he keeps trying to jump up the tree. He hasn't figured out why the squirrel can climb but he can't :rolleyes: