BC Boards

HELP ASAP DUMPED DOG

My daughter just came upon a woman kicking her dog out of the car chase her down the road and drive off. The only thing my daughter was able to get was the make/color of her car. She (DD) picked her up and brought her home.

She appears to be border collie / ACD, she has the blocky head of a ACD plus the color on her face and legs. The rest of her is ALL border collie. She is matted and apears to be a younger dog, maybe 1 to 2 years. Very friendly and very cute.

I am hesitant (though I may be forced to) hand her over to the sheriffs office as the dogs that go there do get euthinized after 10 days. We tryed to call Colorado Border Collie Rescue and all the phone did was ring. We have her in a kennel in the garage right now. My daughter is taking a picture of her as I type this.

What should I do with her? I have a real soft spot for both Border collies and ACD's, but already have 4 dogs and my husband would divorce me. HELP!!!

I see no ACD in that dog. That head is no where near blocky. Sure looks all working stock dog to me. Please don't leave this dog to a 10-day sentence.

Please keep her in the kennel a while. I'm sure folks here can help.

Guest LJS1993
Reallycutepic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic1.jpg

bodypic.jpg

Dear god she looks just like Shadow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is surreal. It's like looking at my old dog all over again. :rolleyes: It's like seeing my departed Shadow when she was young. :D The only thing that is missing are the huge canines Shadow had. However everything else putting aside the disheveled appearance is her!!!!!!!

I see no ACD in that dog. That head is no where near blocky. Sure looks all working stock dog to me. Please don't leave this dog to a 10-day sentence.

Please keep her in the kennel a while. I'm sure folks here can help.

Look at her feet, marked just like a ACD with the black marks on her toes. Nose is pointy like a Border collie, but top of her head is shaped just like a ACD.

I just got done playing and walking her so she could potty, she is a very smart dog, she LOVES my teenage daughters, especially my younger one. I really like the dog........ But we can not keep her. I did not call the sheriffs office because well I just can not. I just can not believe that this dog was a dump.

Have you seen the BC Museum website with all the colors and markings a border collie can come in? Black on her toes doesn't not mean ACD. Also, I've seen several BCs on these boards with big blocky heads and are registered BCs.

I don't see any ACD that's for sure. Hope she finds a home fast.

Poor dog. I hope you can find her a good foster home. Here's a pic of an ACD

austcatt.jpg

I own ACD's used to be the only breed I wanted until I got a border collie. My sister raises ACD's. Trust me this dog is a mix more border collie than ACD.

This is Lila and my youngest daughter

1brit.jpg

I called the sheriffs office, and the owners have been looking for this dog for 3 weeks now. So we found the rightful owners, she brought a picture and ID her perfectly over the phone. She apparently disappeared from their driveway (fairly rural area here). They thought for sure that someone had taken her as this was really unusual for the dog to leave the property. Were my daughter found the her was only 1/2 mile from the dogs home.

She is a mix of border collie / ACD / Aussie.

What a weird story, after all. Sounds like someone stole her and then changed her mind and tried to dump her back near where she'd taken her, maybe hoping she'd find her way home. If she even cared! I'm glad this girl is getting back to her people. Hooray for you and your daughter, helping her.

And it's kind of cool to actually get an answer to one of our "guess the breed" roundabouts!

Guest LJS1993
Hmmm...maybe I'm just cynical, but I'd love to know what kind of cars the real owners have.

J.

I concur, there is definately something strange going on in this story.