BC Boards

She eats everything!

Does yours do this too? Whiley will eat anything she can get. If she is in the laundry room with me she will eat the lint that I just put in the garbage ( had to get one with a tight lid now ) She eats her own hair, I was brushing her outside and took the hair out of the brush and put it down and she ate it before I could grab it. The butter fell on the floor and she ate a huge chunk as I was grabbing her out of the way ( had butter all over her face too ) Of course she threw up on the couch afterwards and wanted to eat that too! She is not starving, I feed her well. I have put everything out of reach and closed away as much as I can but if she gets a chance to eat something she will. :rolleyes:

I have one that is not a puppy and is trying to eat everything within reach. He's bored because he ONLY gets to work sheep a couple times a day. I caught Eddie today gnawing on my hardwood flood. Hellllloooooooooo . . . .

I'm not the only one! All the BC's I know around here practically have to be force-fed (of course, they're nearly all related, so maybe that's it. Their sire, even at 16, isn't big on food.) Nick is a food hound! He's constantly searching for something to eat. He tries to eat hairballs, dust chickens, dried grass... he LOVES the dairy cows' alfalfa pellets- both dogs do, for that matter. He's eaten my sister's ancient BC's pills a few times when Brandy spit them out- none of the other dogs will touch the things. Nick hasn't learned not to eat hot peppers, though... he ate one last night- THIRD time! Boy, did he make odd faces...

I think its a typical dog thing. Penny will eat ANYTHING, dish towels are a favorite. My sister's lab / BC mix ate (when she was younger) tin cans, knives, scissors, a HUGE pot of fat (that was the nasty one), my neighbors dog loves to eat round stones (think the vet has surgically removed 14 now, oddly, since there are NO stones naturally in my province... unless you count sandstone). Shadow so far will just eat toys, bones, furniture legs and feet... MY feet :rolleyes:

Right now I am puppy sitting for someone's rott pups.

I go over his house everyday as he still have two pups left from the litter, and I feel bad for them as he works long hours.

But anyhooo, everytime I let them go outside, they feel the need to taste everything. It's a babies favorite thing to do, to taste things!!!