BC Boards

Breakfast or supper?

I don't really know why he only likes supper. I don't think I feed him to much, actually I had to put him on 1/4 puppy food to put some weight on him after all the health problems he had. I guess it could be the puppy food filling him up more. I didn't think of that. Could it fill him up more? Since he eats supper pretty good I guess he might not be hungery by the time breakfast rolls around. He is a VERY picky eater anyhow. So it might just be him :rolleyes:

Yeah ouch!!!! How could a dog eat that much? My stomach hurts just thinking about that.

I too was wondering how the heck she survived that!!

We had a rescue dog who had been SEVERLY abused. He would only eat at night. At about 2am when he thought everyone was asleep. But I could hear him crunching away at his kibble....lol.

He was free fed. We left the food out all the time. But it was about 3 mos before he would let us see him eat, and it was about 6 mos, before he would sleep on his tummy with all his legs up in the air.(I have heard that this is a very trusting way for dogs to sleep).

I too was wondering how the heck she survived that!!

We had a rescue dog who had been SEVERLY abused. He would only eat at night. At about 2am when he thought everyone was asleep. But I could hear him crunching away at his kibble....lol.

He was free fed. We left the food out all the time. But it was about 3 mos before he would let us see him eat, and it was about 6 mos, before he would sleep on his tummy with all his legs up in the air.(I have heard that this is a very trusting way for dogs to sleep).

He has just started to do that too. He'll roll over now and let me rub his tummy. Sometimes he'll even sleep like that. But not to often yet.

Rusty is a little bit of a chow hound and I am going to have to watch him, I think. Since we adopted Rusty, Allie has even gained a whole pound and weights a whopping 30.4 lbs! I no longer completely free feed because although Rusty doesn't eat all day, he still nibbles. I am feeding them both 1 1/4 cups kibble in the morning and the same in the evening. (Allie prefers middle of the night about 3:00 a.m. meals, is that considered supper?)

i free feed and when the bowl is empty lucy comes and gets me to let me know to add food. she doesn't eat, just lets me know the bowl is empty. the 2 of them eat mostly at night, but they snack during the day.

they won't eat together. one stands back while the other one eats, then they swap places for a while. kinda cute to see them share.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Anytime of anyday with anything in their bowls:

4qqb2i0.jpg

If I free fed I'd have a package of Oscar Mayer's waddling around the house.