BC Boards

Hahahahaha I want one of these for my sheep!

Guest pax

• 1 month later...

Stupid question, but how does one get the sheep into the deck chair? It seems to me (out of practice as I am) that it ought to take just as much work if not more to get them into the chair as to turn them over to begin with, so why bother with the chair unless you need to do really fancy stuff that requires freedom of motion? You just have to stick your hoof trimmers in your back pocket so you don't have to move around after them if all you're doing is trimming feet and I definitely can't see how the chair will help with shearing.

Of course my only recent practice was with someone who seemed to think it was easier to trim her sheep feet while they were standing same as horses.... even the rams. Not particularly fun even with a small flock. Lots of struggle to get them to stand still and relocating all the time as always holding them up against a corner to keep them from running off and using halters on each. Argh. I always wanted to just put them on their butts and get it over with!

when i was just doing a simple foot trimming, i just tipped them, but for a novice like i was, if there was something that needed a little extra (ie a really good look to see if it was foot rot or scald) or if i was injecting or summat at the same time, i found it really helpful. to get mine into it, i just lined up up so their butt was just touching the front of it and one hand on the chest and a decisive step forward, whoops straight in the chair!

if the saggyness (i think i invented a word lol!) was right they would just sit there with their feet out. like i said for a novice who might have to compare real feet with the sheep vet book, twas kind of handy. i wouldnt bother for the odd toe trim though :rolleyes: