BC Boards

Taking the Runt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks very Border Collie the place where we got him think he is Border Collie /Aussie Shepard mix. Thank you PSmitty. Once we get Fade trained and up to full confidence ( which is surprisingly easy so far ) we will look for a female Border Collie or mix from the rescue. All of a sudden I am gettnig offers everywhere. I wish I could take them all !!!!

YES!!!!! Stuffing is his brother . He is adorable and sweet but they wouldn't let us have him . Fade was dominant with him so Stuffing was more timid. They thought that if Stuffing finds his own family and he is the only dog then he would succeed better than going with his brother and being second fiddle. He has the classic black and white markings. Fade was there under the alias of Stuffing. I am sure he wil find a place as Helen Woodward does not put the animals down . That is why they rescued these two from the other place. Both are excellent dogs. In my opinion.

Soooo tempting. I have been pondering the idea of getting a second dog, thinking a male bc. However, I'm off to Italy for 3 weeks quite soon, so now's surely not the right time. Our bc Daisy is a spayed female about 3yrs old. I'm wondering what the 2-dog dynamic would be, if it would be a positive for the household (Daisy plus 2 adult humans and one bc-tolerant cat).

on the Baird Creek BC website under adoption and older dogs for sale the first dog is:

Baird Creek's Rhatt (Great Stud dog)/ Neutered 4 year old male

Must be located outside CA;

Price is Firm

Contact Us

Great Stud dog? but neutered? "Must be located outside CA"??? um... wierd.

What a face! Post all the pics you want.

Congratulations on finding him, and your good decision about the Christmas puppy breeder!

We had a great weekend thank you . How was yours? I have been off since Wednesday so I have been able to spend alot of time with Fade. He has transformed from a shelter dog to a really good dog already sitting , down , , stay, potty trained. IN one week . I am going to miss him when I go to work tomorrow. I have taken some pics and will post them soon. I also saw a place up here by my house in the San Pasqual valley called Blazing Border Collies. The were trainging with sheep there.

ARGGHHH! I just now saw this thread, and this person has been the source of absolutely HORRID dogs in Socal for YEARS. Poorly kept, charges WAY too much (more than great dogs from TOP working lines), and many have been known to have really bizarre temperaments (as in people aggressive). Glad others showed you the light. Just had to add my 2 cents' worth,

Anna