BC Boards

Mystery lump on Lily's belly

Guest pax

I don't often roll Lilly (old, 10+) over, she is stiff and doesn't like it. This morning I put my hand under her to lift her up to brush her hips, and felt this. I have no idea how long she's had it. Less than two weeks. I can feel it all around, that is, it doesn't appear to have any neck, I can feel underneath it, it seems to be in her skin and is not attached to anything. On closer examination there is a discoloured spot which is slightly hard about two inches from the other one. It's hard to see in the pics but it's definetly there. I am waiting for the small animals clinic to open and she will go asap but if anybody's seen anything like this before I wouldn't mind knowing about it. Thanks.

IMG_7029.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

The first one you describe (the 2nd photo?) sounds like the fatty deposit Fergie has. I even had the vet aspirate it, while Ferg was out for teeth-cleaning, to be sure. They say it's nothing to worry about, especially where it is and because we keep checking to be sure it isn't altering.

But I'd worry about the second on (top photo). Glad you're heading to the vet for that.

Yup, we're on our way, I'll let y'all know. This poor dog just can't catch a break, she is constantly having some issue......eyes, heart, legs, bumps...

Well, he said if it was his dog he'd take it off and have it analyzed, but he's pretty sure that it's bad news. I am, too.

We won't know the results for a few days.

Poor Lilly.

I'm a big believer in keeping positive thoughts. It looks like you caught it early and with malignancies, the early they're caught the better. Several of my pets over the years have had malignant lumps removed w/good outcomes and hopefully Lily will also. She (and you) will be in my prayers - please keep us posted.

Oh crap. I was hoping you'd return with better news. OTOH, my old Tibbie had some mammary tumors removed a couple of years ago. She is now 13 and doing great. I recently felt some more on her, but do I want to put her through another surgery? No. She's doing well right now and that's all I care about.

Lily will probably come through like a champ.

I don't have the results back yet.

The stitches are in good nick and there doesn't appear to be anything eelse going on in terms of lumps and bumps.

Thank you for asking, as soon as I know I'll post. I'm hoping today. :rolleyes: