BC Boards

WAY O/T a confession, cry for help...

Thanks.

I have other funny quirks that have to be to do with OCD (my mum has similar issues - not hair pulling though) such as when the washing ups done by someone else and they put the glasses back in the cupboard in the wrong order, I HAVE to rearrange them. But that doesnt bother me too much, and it gives hubby something to laugh at

hubby knows but never talks about it
In many cases, men of my generation simply do not know how to deal with emotional issues. We tend to think that simply being there and saying "I love you" is enough, without understanding that women often need to talk about the issue itself. From childhood, we were taught that our role was to be strong; sometimes, that suppresses our emotional responses. DW occasional reminds me that I need to get in touch with my feminine side; I've tried, but it is always on the phone with its girlfriend...

Hi Clair,

I was moved by your post, and have deep compassion for you and all that you are feeling.

It is wonderful that there are so many wise and wonderful people on this board. ( is this because we CHOSE BCs, or is it BECAUSE of the BCs ) Who knows :D , but it is wonderful to read your posts and see the obvious love and caring that has flowed your direction. Any problems that we have to deal with, starts with figuring out we have the problem in the first place. I can't remember how many times I have heard folks say " I didn't know this problem had a name". That goes for lots of different issues. The one thing I would stress is making sure the Dr. you go to is on the same page with you, that you feel comfortable with them. Now that you are addressing this, you will need all the care and compassion you can get. I have heard my friends complain about Drs. they go to and I always urge them to find one they like, and that treat them with respect. If you like and trust your Dr. then allot of the emotional battle is already won. Remember you are wonderful unique, and there is no one else like you anywhere :rolleyes:

I have suffered from Depression and know how debilitating it can be. After the death of my first husband, my second one leaving me. I was ready to go round the bend. I'm not sure I would be sane if I didn't have my dogs, and "some" members of my family . But day by day life got better, and on the days it doesn't, I remember... this day too will pass. Another one with a fresh page is ready and waiting. Thank you for sharing with us, I feel honored you trusted us. If you need another ear or "eye" as it may be feel free to pm. May you continue to be blessed.

Andrea D.

Andrea, thank you for your kind words... I have very little choice in which dr I see as hubby is in the air force, I'm kinda restriced to RAF doctors, they seem ok here to be fair! It is so nice to hear that people understand, I really didnt expect this response, I'm deeply touched... thank you all again

It is true that we all have our obsessions. I'm very OCD. It was very bad as I was growing up, I constantly wondered that old phrase " what is wrong with me!" I went through a phase where I wouldn't look, touch, talk, not even breath around certain people. I knew I was crazy, i just didn't know why. I finally figured out what it was, and, with lots of prayer, have learned to control it. It took me along time till I could actually talk about it- now I'm more than happy to talk about it- I don't just go around telling people about it though, but have found that you get a release from your problems when you admit you have them. We all have our issues, and we should not be hindered or embarresed by them, we are human, we are not supposed to be perfect. Don't feel bad about it, most people are more understanding than you think! You should be pround for having admitted to it, it is a ver Brave step!!

Do you ride down the highway and mentally weave between telephone poles - of whatever there is along the side? Do you count the steps you climb or go down? Do you know how many times you brush each "set" of teeth?

Gee, I did that and was also depressed - as in suicical.

But I also felt that my manager was always watching me. And, just because my manager, and her manager, were always watching all of us, I was considered a liar. See, I couldn't be compulsive, depressed, and paranoid.

But I wasn't paranoid! I worked for a company where they did time bathroom breaks, spy on us, and all that evil stuff. So, because I told the truth about my job, I was denied validity for my problems. And almost succeeded in my next suicide attempt.

But, the thing is, since I've gotten on thyroid meds, I am way less compulsive and way less depressed. And I've retired. So the "paranoia" is gone too. You know, sometimes, when you believe that people are out to get you, they really are.

Wow Claire, I think you've helped me just by bringing this up. I am going to get the magnesium suggested by Little Bo Boop tomorrow.

I live with someone who IMO has OCD. He doesn't think it is a problem and who am I to tell him he is suffering. Besides, if he sought a cure I might not get to live in a flowering paradise with a perfect lawn, gorgeous pastures, and hardly any weeds! All joking aside, I know this must be about more than appearance for you and quite psychologically painful. I hope you can get some real help soon.

I know this is off topic but our family lived in East Anglia for quite some time. My mother was from Cambridge. I have not returned since 1979 when I was a teenager. I have recently been contemplating a trip. Mum goes every other year.

I don't really know why I even mentioned it but I always get a pang when when I speak to those from "across the pond".

Muddy

Claire,

I am really glad you were brave enough to share, and I am glad you have received such compassionate responses.

I am sure I have said this before, but never give up. You have to keep searching for the help you need until you find it. No one can ever take care of you like you can, so keep looking until you have the answers, solace, and peace you need to overcome the stresses of this life.

It is also important to surround yourself with as much support as you can. People who discourage you from thinking well of yourself do not deserve to be around you. You are a gift to this world, and should be treated as such.

Glad I could help in some round about way Muddy and your right Tammy, giving up is giving into this horrible disorder (or what ever you want to call it).

Muddy I was born in Germany (Dad in Air Force) but moved to Lincolnshire when I was 5, my parents still live there and my Mums family all live on the Lincolnshire - Cambridgeshire border! It can be a beautiful part of this country... a little flat but still nice esp for walking in the countryside! I need to try and get over to see my Mums family with Bailey as my Grandad (worked on farm his whole life) LOVES border collies (I've never seen him talk about an animal with such respect) and I know they'd love to meet him - Although I'd have to explain why I have to keep Bailey on a leash... he's a farmer through and through 'Border Collies shouldnt be on leash's - they need to freedom to exercise and explore' etc etc. Maybe if I had nothing but fields around me it could be more like that :rolleyes:

Ok guys! Ya'll are starting to scare me!

I started to post yesterday after I read that personality description that Claire posted, but then stopped for some reason. Like you Claire, the only thing that doesnt apply to me is having a eating disorder. Everything else. . . I swear it was like looking into a mirror.

My Oddities. . .

Bite my nails

Dry skin

Cant leave my face alone when I break out.

Count the lines, reflectors etc. on the road.

Outline windows, rooms, door frames, peoples faces.

Im sure there are more, just not as noticeable.

I feel for you. . .embarassment and insecurity are horrible things to overcome. We are here with you, and we dont care whether you've got hair or not.