BC Boards

My heart dog, Zeus

cody's mommy

It's almost 2yrs to the day of a horrible beginning of a summer. On the first day of summer, June 21st, we lost our beloved Zeus to a bowel obstruction. So little time for such a loved boy....we only had him in our lives a short 5 yrs, and he gave us so much love and faithfulness, it will never be the same without him. He waited until the angels awoke me to come downstairs to him that horrible morning, just long enough for me to get to his side to take his last breath, with mommy right there, stroking his face. How I cried when I laid him to rest that morning out under the big shade tree in the yard, then, again, later in the month, placing a monument stone and planting flowers on his grave. My son and I faithfully remove the stone for winter months, and replace it on Easter Sunday, nurturing the flowers back to mark his resting place. What a wonderful dog he was, my best friend, my companion, my heart dog. My son also lost his best friend that summer, being so young, losing his first dog in his life, as he did. We feel that Zeus sent Cody to us, when he cameinto our lives, as Zeus knew Cody needed a loving family and forever home, and we opened our hearts to him. Zeus you are thought of and loved everyday, and we look at your picture proudly placed in the dining room everynight at supper time. You can never be replaced, but you have led us to Cody, who we will love, as we did, you, and someday we will meet again at the rainbow bridge, please wait for me......love mommy

• 1 month later...

Beautiful memories for a precious friend, who runs through the fields beyond the Rainbow Bridge with many, many other heart dogs. How blessed we all are to share our lives with such Special Angels!

I know my home is where my heart is!

For the love of sweet boy, Zeus and your cherished moments with him (((((HUGS))))) :rolleyes: