BC Boards

A Sad Day

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeezus, don't ever do that again. I didn't even read the blog and I'm still shaking from just seeing the headline. If this doesn't cure me from reading the BC Boards at work, nothing will.

Pwned, indeed. I only learned that "word" recently, but this has to be the archetypical application of it.

Okay, now that I'm starting to calm down, I shall begin plotting my revenge. I'm going to be in Vancouver in July. Maybe I'll bring a large litter of "border collie mix" puppies of unknown parentage to dump off. It could happen. I know where you live....

Okay, now that I'm starting to calm down, I shall begin plotting my revenge. I'm going to be in Vancouver in July. Maybe I'll bring a large litter of "border collie mix" puppies of unknown parentage to dump off. It could happen. I know where you live....

Didn't I tell you? I moved to Jarred's house. Yup.

RDM

and what DOES 'Pwned' mean?

Kristin, that's online gamer lingo. I don't know the exact definition though. I thought it was like "to get your ass thoroughly kicked" or something like that. Maybe not. :rolleyes: Obviously, I'm not a gamer.

So I finally worked up the courage to read the blog account.

I can totally relate. We had a similar incident recently when the stupid human tossed the well-chewed orange ball with many cracks into the raging whitewater river just to see what lengths the poor little border collie would go to retrieve it...when the damn ball suddenly sank permanently out of sight. The scheming, malicious human was abruptly thrown into a full-on panic as the tiny border collie refused to believe that the ball was not out there somewhere just a litte further into the current and started to get swept away downriver in his noble quest to find his little friend.

Thank DoG for recall training. When I finally got my little hero turned around and back to shore, I emptied all the treats in my pockets onto his head at once in a desperate effort to erase the memory of his recently departed orange buddy,. My hand looped securely through his collar, we quickly proceeded back to the truck where an IDENTICAL SIBLING was waiting, still wrapped in plastic, to join its new family.

It is my fervent wish that Woo and the Woofs can see beyond their loss and open their hearts to a new rescue* buddy, just like my family has.

*This is the less common, but still occasionally encountered, definition of "rescue", whereby one PURCHASES the rescuee out of a situation where one perceives it to be suffering from neglect (i.e. the bin of motionless hockey balls in the Canadian Tire store).

and what DOES 'Pwned' mean?

Look it up in Wikipedia.

I'm sorry for Woo's loss. But that scared me to DEATH!!!! I thought maybe something bad happenend to one of your little guys. Not funny :rolleyes:

If you weren't so far away I'd come and get Fifa for poor Woo :D

Dear Woo,

Tonight, while going for our evening hike, we discovered this:

ball.jpg

It seemed awfully coincidental that we found this homeless guy(?) so soon after you suffered your tragic loss. We, being wimps, are all afraid of this new, flamboyantly-colored, overweight tennis ball. So, we are willing to "rehome" our friend, if necessary. We will of course require a contract and you will be required to return our friend should the adoption not work our for any reason. Please let us know if you'd like to pursue this adoption.

Thanks - Milo, Charlie, and Skittles

P.S., So far we have not had any potty accidents in the house and our friend appears to be crate-trained.

Dear Woo,

Tonight, while going for our evening hike, we discovered this:

ball.jpg

It seemed awfully coincidental that we found this homeless guy(?) so soon after you suffered your tragic loss. We, being wimps, are all afraid of this new, flamboyantly-colored, overweight tennis ball. So, we are willing to "rehome" our friend, if necessary. We will of course require a contract and you will be required to return our friend should the adoption not work our for any reason. Please let us know if you'd like to pursue this adoption.

Thanks - Milo, Charlie, and Skittles

P.S., So far we have not had any potty accidents in the house and our friend appears to be crate-trained.

:rolleyes: What generous wimps, err, I mean dogs, you have Mary! Mr. Woo would be crazy to pass up such a kind gesture.

MaryP, Fusion is MUCH better looking than Germany 2006. The flamboyant orange matches Woo's colors so much better than drab, ugly Germany 2006. I'm sure Woo is just trying to be polite and put on a happy face, he can't possibly find G'06 enjoyable! The Tail is only at half-mast.

After I read your blog and was able to finally release the breath i started holding when I read this topic's title I had a thought.... you are obviously a very engaging writer, you take great pics, and your dogs... well words barely describe their wonder... have you ever thought about taking these antics and making them into childrens books. Something to the idea of 3 woofs and a woo: fifa goes missing. Or 3 woofs and a woo: look out hollywood. :rolleyes: Just a thought.

There you go...you HAD to go do it....you really did prove yourself to be an "OGRE"!!! :rolleyes:

So sorry dearest Woo for the loss of your dear Fifa, but I'm happy to see that you've made a new friend really fast.

RDM that has got to be the best read so far in your blog...keep the great stories coming!!