BC Boards

:rolleyes: oddest name you had for your dog

Mine was "Migraine"-

couldn't think of a name and I said "Honey, you're giving me a Migraine" poof- there it was. Turned out she was better at getting sheep than My Grain. So ...... it didn't turn out that bad. I named her pups, Advil, Tylenol (Ty) Bufferin, Mydol, and Aspirin (ASP) of course, their owners got to chose their names, but I had fun with it before papers were turned in.

Beamer - was named because her mother's name was mercedes and i wanted to keep the car theme going..

bula - because me hunny went to iraq and loved working with the fijians...

kramer- because he moves in jerky motions just like cosmo kramer in seinfeld

oh..and my cats are

drop, kick, and murphy...for the Dropkick Murpy's band.

my pigs are oscar and mayer....i'll stop now.

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom

well my only other dog was Oscar....(de la hoya) then freckels...who we didnt name but my odd named animals are all ferrets

I had fez (that 70's show) Trip (travis tucker III..enterprise) Greylich (enterprise...a Xindi) Degra (enterprise...also a Xindi) Silea (mt silea from the planet vulcan) Worfus (worf from The next generation) and Kiwi (cause he's round and fuzzy)

One of the pups, just what I called him before the owner gave him a "real" name for his papers: Bu'Wheat (after the Little Rascals' character),

Anna

Lou's puppy name was Beluga, as he was huge and had a white head. Later, his name was shortened to Lou.

I believe one of Wick's pups was named Potato (now Tip) but RDM will have to tell you why as I can't quite remember the story. And we won't get into the things that I call Wick ... :rolleyes:

I think mine are all relatively normal :rolleyes: although I had a budgie called appleskin because she nibbled dads ear and made his blood run cold (he cant eat appleskin for the same reason). My sister's lovebird was called Jellybean.

I knew someone who owned a big GSD called "Sit". As you can imagine he would go barrelling towards someone and they would try telling him to sit, which got him more excited. I think they used to say "squat" when they wanted him to sit.

My first dog was a Christmas gift from my DH (before we were married). I couldn't think of a name for her that morning so we brought her with us to my parents. Well, he had also given me a pearl necklace and bracelet but was saving the bracelet for later. My SIL (who knew about the gift) saw my necklace and grabbed my wrist looking for the bracelet that wasn't given yet. She basically gave the rest of the gift away so DH started calling her Pearl Bailey and that's how Bailey got her name.

Not a weird name - just a round about way to get it.

Bindi is named for Steve Irwin. We were told she is part Australian Shepherd and it wasn't long after Steve Irwin had died so my boys decided Bindi would be a great name for her. We loved watching the Croc Hunter.

My sister's dog is named Milford... he came with that name from the shelter and she liked it even though I told her to change it :rolleyes: Gypsy and Freckles are pretty ordinary names, but I've named a few horses pretty odd names...

This is a Bashkir Curly horse I named Rat, he's lost all the hair from his mane and most of it from his (rat)tail which is where his name comes from. (**Please excuse the shabby halter, he isn't my horse, I was just starting him for the [horrible] woman that owns him :D long story...)

pic358.jpg

pic359.jpg

And then there's Ratina - so original I know - who also lacks hair on her tail. And of course you can't forget the nerdiest, spazziest colt in the world - Kramer :D

I call Black Jack jumping jack and loud mouth because he howls when he wants attention, food, or his tennis ball if it's in someone's hand. Mostly I call him buddy or pupper though. I probably use buddy more than his name. lol.

My horse's name is Eezee (easy) so when your trimming him and he goes to move and I say "whoa, easy boy" he looks at me like "what?"