BC Boards

driving

Guest SJoyNorris

Guest SJoyNorris

SOS....I am just starting to drive........I am reading Julie Simpson's book and I am getting a lot of pointers, Craig just can't take it, he wants to fetch so bad.....I know....practice practice, and he is real biddable, but I would love feedback.

Selene

Happy Tails :rolleyes:

Guest SJoyNorris

Hi Penny, I have done a couple lessons with Scott Glen (my first ever) and I take monthly lessons with Karen Child. Karen is very pleased with Craig and I and says we are ready to trial this summer and be in the running! Craig is very biddable, he is 2. He has a beautiful outrun and he wears and fetch's nicely, I am currently working on "steady" this month. He is really starting to try to understand his stock. Sandy Eckker (now Johnson) bred him and says he has natural balance.

Any pointers or tips would be great, I wish I had a daily lesson with Karen, but I have to suffice monthly.

Happy Tails

Selene

Guest Penny Tose

I hope Karen laughs instead of getting upset that you are asking me instead of her. It's pretty funny. She has a lot more training and teaching experience than I do. A lot more.

Giving advice on the net about dogs one has never seen is enough like using a Ouija board as it is, and like mediums the world over, I need some hints.

Tell me whether you have done all of Craig's training yourself and if you haven't, whether he came to you knowing how to drive. I also need to know how often you and Craig see sheep, whether you have sheep at home, roughly how many sheep (no rudeness intended...I realize that is not acceptable question in casual conversation in the west.), and what size area you train in when not getting a lesson.

Penny

Guest SJoyNorris

Penny, Karen has given me "my homework" for driving, she is wonderful, she has the same concept as Julie Simpson, whom I love. I just like getting pointers from everyone. I basically was fishing for a good exercise to do, or pattern with my dog, to start out.

Thanks for your replies.

Selene