BC Boards

UPDATE: BEN IS NOT LOST (c:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers - they worked! Someone dropped off Ben earlier today at a neighbor who shares our house number, different street name. Fortunately they recognized him immediately, though as we were not home, they could not deliver him. Ben spent today entertaining our gracious neighbor with a nonstop fetch game (he asked, "Does he ever stop?" He also said he and his wife were arguing all day over whether Ben was a puppy or three years old - he is eleven!).

Ben was no longer wearing his collar, and oddly, had been bathed (he smells nice!). We have no clues where he was the twenty four hours before he ended up at our neighbors' house, or what happened for sure. At least now we know we have a bunch of kind friends all over and new friends in the neighborhood, too!

Other than being very itchy, he seems none the worse for wear. I started emergency meds for the itchiness but all is well. One of the people I met on my travels today was a very nice vet who has a small clinic not far from here. I'll take Ben up tomorrow to meet them and get a quick blood test.

Thank you again and please crosspost again - I really appreciate everyone's speedy spreading of the word. Thanks especially to Julie Poudrier who dropped everything and came up to help canvass the neighborhood. Every part helps, for sure. If you sent money in the mail, please e-mail me or PM me and we'll figure out what you want done with the money.

As for Ben, he is sleeping on the bed tonight whether he likes it or NOT! :rolleyes::D I feel like someone opened the window and let the sunshine in again!!!!

If only dogs could talk, I'm sure Ben would have tales to tell. [smile]
I was just thinking the same thing. Although, in BenLand all people are nice, so the story would pobably sound something like, "I went for a car ride with a nice person! The nice person gave me some yummy food that is not anything like the nasty bland stuff I get at home! The nice person gave me a bath! I didn't have to take pills before bed! I went for another car ride! I met more nice people who played as much ball as I wanted!"

:rolleyes: I guess it's just as well. We will definitely be keeping a MUCH closer eye on the puppers and the gate will be closed 24/7 from now on.

Dang i am so glad this turned out with a happy ending! I've been busy at work and cleaning both mum's and my yards, i haven't checked in! I guess i also didn't notice the "not" in the title. I was panic stricken for a dog i've never met! I felt so terrible for a person i've never met. But just knowing one of my fellow boardies pups in danger made me heart feel heavy.

Give ol' Ben a scratch behind the ear from Foo & Crew! And tell Ben nexttime to leave a note or call if he is going out!

Again i am happy this adventure ended happily.

What fooshuman said! Doesn't matter if you're the other side of the world - you still get to feel for fellow dog people - joy and sorrow. So glad it's turned out well - and even though I don't know Ben, I could just imagine him saying exactly what you said, Becca.

Going to hug my puppers.

I was reluctant to go on the forum and still see the topic it was so sad , then I noticed the title change !!! I'm so glad it has turned out fine , this is like a second chance or a new life after a terrible accident , things will look so bright and cheerful