BC Boards

UPDATE: BEN IS NOT LOST (c:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Ben. I often think at you and Ben and send good vibrations. I hope so very much that he is back soon in good conditions.

Kelpiegirl`s idea is very good. When Deary was 12 weeks old, she left my garden and was gone. Liska and Berrie found her in the neighberhood.

Rebecca, I can't you enough how sorry I am! I'll be thinking about you and your family all day. Is there a local television or radio station that you can call that might do a story? If you do post about a reward, that may help. I have pm'd you as I would like to put in some money toward a reward.

I am so sorry to hear about Ben. I hope he gets home to you soon. I can't imagine how you are feeling! Prayers for a safe return!!

Thanks to all, I really appreciate the support. It's hard not to feel really isolated here but your words help.

This morning we have scoured the neighborhood and our property (at this point we'd be looking for him severely injured, ill, or worse, as he'd NEVER just wander off, he just isn't like that). Patrick had to go to work then. I have no printer here so I'm taking my file off to Danville, the closest copy place, to get flyers run off. From there I'll go directly to animal control, vets, public bulletin boards, etc, plus door to door in this area.

I've already contacted all the AC places and police dispatch. Most are unsympathetic as, you know, dogs just run off.

I've talked to exactly one person who actually "got it" that there's no reason Ben, eleven years old, neutered, with the only things he cares about right here and no severe phobias, would just leave our gated property. We normally work him every day, especially now with Cord lame - he was our only other working dog. We didn't intend to move the sheep that day as we were workign on fence but BEN didn't know that. He just wouldn't have left.

We had a lot of people slow down and watch during the clinic. I guess someone thought "one of those dogs" would be worth a lot. He's worth a lot to US, but he's going to be quite worthless very shortly and I'm terrified where he'll end up then.

I appreciate the offers for financial help. All the information (including his contact info on his collar) does say reward but I'll admit we have about $60 to offer in return for him at the moment. I'm not too proud to turn away money for his sake - it will go to border collie rescue if it's not needed.

54 Scott Road

Semora, NC 27343

I live outside Charlotte NC and will also keep an eye out for Ben even though I'm kind of far away. I am so sorry for all that is happening! I am willing to donate money to your reward fund so please pm me with your mailing address and I will send a check out to you today!

Originally posted by Rebecca, Irena Farm:

I appreciate the offers for financial help. All the information (including his contact info on his collar) does say reward but I'll admit we have about $60 to offer in return for him at the moment. I'm not too proud to turn away money for his sake - it will go to border collie rescue if it's not needed.

Do you have paypal Rebecca? I can send some money via paypal.

RDM

Have you contacted the local radio and TV stations? I know the Raleigh TV stations cover your area. Are there some in Virginia that also do? All they can do is say no. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Fergie and I are praying that Ben is home safe by tonight.