BC Boards

Wierd Dog Tag

That is what the tag on this super sweet chow dog my friend and I found said. We have no clue what it means. It was in a residencial part of town, so we left the dog there, I just hope it had a home. It was so adorable, and I am not fond of chows!

This dog chased our tennis ball back and forth through the fence. The one time my friend hit it over, the dog took off, grabbed the ball and ran back, and dropped it at the fence. My friend reached under, and threw the ball again and the dog took off and grabbed it. It was a total sweetie. It began panting so hard, so we opened a bottle of water and let it drink from our hands. I hope its alright. I would have kept it if it wouldnt have had a tag on.

I agree it's cute, too, but hopefully there was more info on the other side...?? Donna, no phone number or anything?

Personally, if it was running loose, residential area or not, I would've taken it in to secure it, and then try to track down the owners. I did that last year with a GSD who had to spend the night at my house, until I could track down the owners the next day.

Well, it was 10:30 at night, I couldnt go knocking on doors that late. Plus I live clear on the other side of the town.

No there was no other information on the tag. It might be cute, but I think its stupid. This poor dog had no phone, address, nothing on there. I didnt want to take it and have someone freak out. It was a well behaved dog. We will play tennis again tonight, I'll see if its still there.

If she gets to where she looks like she is really in need of rescue,(skinny, matted-etc.) you could always run her down to the pound to check for a microchip.

If she gets to where she looks like she is really in need of rescue,(skinny, matted-etc.) you could always run her down to the pound to check for a microchip.

see that was the thing... she looked clean, brushed with no matts at all. Im anxious to see if she's still there tonight. The pound closes at 6 and we play tennis around 10pm, so I couldnt take her unless I kept her overnight, and I think hubby would kill me if I tried bringing a strange dog around his beloved Riven lol.

You know, maybe that is the case about the tag. Its still frustrating though that I have no way of knowing where the dog is from... except Asia lol.

Yeah maybe just take him for a car ride down to the pound and have them run the chip. Maybe even call first to

see their protocal for that.

Eh, it might'nt have anything to do with the dog.

I hang weird stuff on my dogs, occasionally. My Anushka wore a plate of a horse's halter for a long time that said "The Natural". It had sentimental value to me. I couldn't just toss it. Nush was as honourable recipient for it as I could have wanted.

My ex's Old English has sea shells on his collar. Real ones, with holes bored in and then just tied on.

It might just be a keep sake of the owner.