BC Boards

Please Pray for Kris (the Dog)

Quick update - Dr. Cowan is trying to decrease meds now and is hopeful that we may be able to work on a maintenance solution for Kris. AND, there's a very small chance there's something behind the seizures - she's seeing a symptom that's not necessarily part of the convulsive activity. He's doing this thing where he's gasping or gagging like a fish on dry land (of course, it could just be Border Collie melodramatics :rolleyes: ). That's actually kind of good news because if she turns up a toxin exposure or something else treatable, that would be fantastic.

She needs to see him more "clean" before she can do anything else, so he will spend the night in their very capable hands. Now even more he's going to need some intercessory thoughts and prayers - as they reduce the meds he'll be in danger of going past the point of no return. Also, we are hoping that serious damage has not occured to his brain - we haven't been able to tell since he's heavily sedated - so we'll know that by late tonight.

Another sleepless night it looks like for me, so I'm going to take advantage of this temporary relief and take a nap!

Thanks to those who have sent help or are planning to!

I am so sorry to hear about Kris. I hope he is feeling better soon and that he comes out of this ok.

~Sending healing thoughts~

Sorry for the late update but I had to give some time to my own kids and doggies after neglecting them for three days! Kris made it through the night, but is in very rough shape. He's only slightly responsive - and he's still got a heck of a twitch, though he's not doing any more actual seizuring. He is starting oral phenobarbitol at the highest dose and he'll be kept for observation for another 24 hours. He needs to improve enough today to show there isn't permanent brain damage.

Thank you so much for your support. Even if this ends badly for Kris, there's still Indy, Mel, Ed (who racked up some medical bills of his own recently), and there's always dogs waiting in the wings.

Geez!!!! I'll keep sending prayers and good thoughts to you all. Sorry I can't send $$, but I just racked up about 5K with Tikkle's episode. You never know with this brain damage thing--they gave me very low odds for Tikkle, but she's back to herself fully now, so, there are miracles out there. I just wish they weren't so financially burdensome...

Anna