BC Boards

Dog needs new home

:rolleyes: I have loved my 3 year old BC for over a year, but still find her difficult. I have managed to train her in a few areas, but feel she really needs ' work' to do. Does any one have sheep that she could learn to round up? She has been around sheep before but doesn't really ' know' what she is doing but I'm sure she would pick it up. She is such a lovely girl, great around other dogs and children, just don't feel she is right for us. We are in Boise, Idaho.

Photos would be good. What is she doing that makes her seem a bad fit for your family? Perhaps you could contact some sheepdog trainers in your area? Would you really be able to let her go? Is she from working parents?

julie

:rolleyes: I have loved my 3 year old BC for over a year, but still find her difficult. I have managed to train her in a few areas, but feel she really needs ' work' to do. Does any one have sheep that she could learn to round up? She has been around sheep before but doesn't really ' know' what she is doing but I'm sure she would pick it up. She is such a lovely girl, great around other dogs and children, just don't feel she is right for us. We are in Boise, Idaho.

If you are going to bring up the past, then go to the 4th page, post #72, she is a beautiful dog, just not suited for our family. I walk her, take her for bike rides, she swims whenever she see's water, we go out lots, and yes she is an inside dog as has been for 99% of the time I've had her. Border Collie's are just so active and she's not for us, Period.

If you are going to bring up the past, then go to the 4th page, post #72, she is a beautiful dog, just not suited for our family. I walk her, take her for bike rides, she swims whenever she see's water, we go out lots, and yes she is an inside dog as has been for 99% of the time I've had her. Border Collie's are just so active and she's not for us, Period.

Border Collie's are just so active and she's not for us, Period.

Mandi, I know you have tried very hard with Sophie, and I admire you for looking at the situation for what it is. I will help you any way I can. I have room for another dog right now, and I often have people coming to me looking for dogs to get into herding with. Sophie would make a great dog for a novice handler. If the "perfect" home doesn't come along, she is more than welcome to keep her butt parked at my house for the rest of her life. :-) She's an awesome dog.

Jodi

Mandi, I know you have tried very hard with Sophie, and I admire you for looking at the situation for what it is. I will help you any way I can. I have room for another dog right now, and I often have people coming to me looking for dogs to get into herding with. Sophie would make a great dog for a novice handler. If the "perfect" home doesn't come along, she is more than welcome to keep her butt parked at my house for the rest of her life. :-) She's an awesome dog.

Jodi

Many, many thanks Jodi.