BC Boards

NC Picnic Saturday - Last Minute Discussion

Yep, Randolph County. There are two Cedar Groves, and I'm sure numerous other cases of repetition (originality is not a strong point when it comes to naming things I guess). It goes along with those impossibly long road names that connect two locations (I used to live on Efland Cedar Grove Road, because it's the road that runs between Efland and Cedar Grove)--thank goodness for pre-printed return address labels!

Ak Dog Doc,

Come on down! We'll work puppies at numerous locations.... :rolleyes:

J.

How about the road names that connect two places with long names? My mom and I still crack up when we spot names like Benson-Thomasville James Creek Ford Church School Road. Well, at least we are not in Wales and the spelling kind of makes sense.

It may just end up being me with one dog, which I'd rather be Loki because he's so easy, but Colby probably won't trust me with his boy :rolleyes: . Colby may have no choice but to work. But I'll be there either way if I don't get lost (should have paid more attention last year).

Whoever you bring will be welcome! 54 Scott Road, Semora NC. My phone number is (336) 234-0389 or cell (336) 649-6028

Well, I'm sure y'all had a GREAT time! We expect pictures and all the sordid details!

Anna

I apologize - we went to bed really early last night and then had a special thing at church (100th anniversary!) and then came home to find Kris having convulsions in his crate. I've got a few pictures and a short video (with some good and not-so-good Phoebe moments).

Thanks to everyone who came and made it a wonderful afternoon! The food was incredible as usual, and it was great to see the usual crowd plus a couple of new faces!

Sally (painted ponies) gets the long-distance award this year.

Julie gets the Good Sport award again after taking four dogs into the round pen, although Jackie gets Honorable Mention for hiking back and forth with us from the front field to the back. Twice. Did I mention that the next project on the books here will be moving the round pen to the field by the house, above the front field? By the Jack Knox clinic the two will be close enough that we just have to turn our chairs around. That's the plan, anyway.

Ted gets the Most Creative Grip award as he invented a new sport - Sheep Vaulting. Ahem. He hadn't seen sheep in a week since I've been too busy with this and that. That's a Bad Thing, as I'm learning. :rolleyes:

Even the weather cooperated - the timing of Barry was perfect, giving us overcast and balmy weather yesterday, and plenty of rain last night and today!

Well, like I said, I'll post those pictures later and maybe the video if Julie approves.

I had big fun and hiking back and forth was good for me. My dog Five, had a most excellent time thanks to Julie. She slept HARD on the way home.

Becca, I am so sorry about Kris the dog. I hope his seizures resolved and will be able to be controlled with just some Pb.

I got my pics uploaded as there were only a few - my camera is not a happy camera when the clouds come out. :rolleyes: As soon as we start a photo thread I'll postem.

Thank you Becca and family for having all of us up there! I had a ball, and so did my three beasties. Bree in particular had the time of her life, and both she and Nick swam for their first time ever! That was alternately cool and hysterical. It was great to see everyone, and the food was Yummo. Who's coming over to help us eat some more of this ham??

Watch out, we might actually take you up on that ham sharing offer. I have to bring you the newsletter extras on the way back tonight, if we are not making the loop up to Walnut Cove to pick up Kris.

Actually, the Phoebe moments are not terrible. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's a fairly nice demonstration of how a correction right on the dot, can create an "aha" moment for the pup. So I'm hoping I can get this processed and uploded - I haven't figured out the whole video uploading thing yet . . .

Sally (painted ponies) gets the long-distance award this year.

And I'm just now getting home - I had to be in Savannah Ga Sunday night for a business trip.

But I wanted to post a belated thanks to Becca for having us all over, and to Julie P. for taking my two wild women in the round pen for their first times with sheep. Well, it was Violet's second time, but Saturday was the first time she'd actually look at the sheep. In fact, thanks to Julie's skilled and sympathetic handling, I thought Vi made a very good start. :D I've got pics on my disposable camera that I'll take to be developed this afternoon.

Let's just say Faith enjoyed herself very much. :D She thought the sheep were great fun, but the fact that she had all of them going in different directions, including straight up in the air :D , didn't strike her as a problem. :rolleyes: Oh, well, she's young yet. :D

It was great to match faces with screen names, finally. And Becca has a lovely farm.